boat trouble?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the boat should do 35-40mph, I had a 16ft 90merc Outboard and thats what it did,
but sorry I cant help ya on the mechanical side mine ran great and now I have updated,
good luck.
p.s. call a outboard boat store and they may talk ya through it, for the most part should be universal parts.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the throttle cable to make sure you are getting full throttle. Also for the steering most likely is the cable fraying. It could be ready to break. My 90 hp Evinrude needed a new steering cable a few years back. Also it does 35 to 40 MPH as well. Also check the prop for bent or damaged blades can be real performance robber.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the bottom side of the dash there is a aluminum box attached to the steering wheel? I don't see a cable. Are there more then one syle of steering setups? Really feels like a gear that is missing teeth.

I will check the throttle cable and the prop.

Thanks for the help

Can anybody recomend a boat shop west of Edmonton. I think it came from Rainbow marine.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tournament ski and marine in Acheson. It is located in the industial park just north of hwy 16A and west of hwy 60. There phone number is 780-962-1201.

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year is the boat and motor, the prop might be to big and not letting it reach full rpm should be 5500rpm

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a look at the prop and it is chewed up a little the steering cable needs to be replaced and apparently need an adjustment to the steering box.

But all that no longer matters as when we were out on the lake showing my girl friends pops what it was doing I noticed the transom is cracked and when throttle is applied you can see daylight through some of the cracks.

So i have pretty much lost interest in this boat as it is destined to be parked beside all of the other repair ( three trucks two cars and two other boats ) projects he has not yet completed.

He has plans to pull the motor and reinforce the fibreglass but it will never happen.

So What can a guy pick up a decent used boat for ?? And by decent I mean next to new barely used and very reliable.

Bow rider
20-22ft
IB/OB
45 mph

20-25K ??

I want to drive not wrench.:cool:

Thanks

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So What can a guy pick up a decent used boat for ?? And by decent I mean next to new barely used and very reliable.

Bow rider
20-22ft
IB/OB
45 mph

20-25K ??

I want to drive not wrench.:cool:

Thanks

for $25000 you could almost get a new bow rider around 19ft 225hp, if you are buying local just keep looking as some of these brokers are getting caught with too much product and summer is almost gone, so its a great time to BUY. you can also watch BC for a bit better price but ya have to travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a Glastron GT225 21.6 ft in Sask. with a 5.7 Volvo. I have seen a lot of glastrons around anything bad about them I should know about?

Seems to be a decent price as it is a 2008.

Top Bottom