Boat lifts... Good bad ugly?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need a boat lift for a 22-24 Wakesetter and two seadoo's. Ive come to believe the single mast PWC lift is the way to go. But not sure on the boat lift.
all you boat guys whats the good bad about any lift? I like the single mast cradel type VS the 4 post. New to it all again and not sure which is the best way to go. We will have wood piles in for dock, so will have good strong base. What do you wish your lift had? What do you thank god your lift has?
Thanks

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 floe lifts from western boat in St. Albert. Float and roll to launch. Remotes for lifting. By far the best lift available but also very spendie. There is no bad with these lifts. Only good.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx
Tried their web site . All I could find is four post that sit on the bottom.
Can you leave those in the water year round?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx
Tried their web site . All I could find is four post that sit on the bottom.
Can you leave those in the water year round?
You have to pull it every year but the float system is awesome. You stand on it and paddle to the craddle in the lift. Drop the bed down on top of the float and raise the bottom legs off the ground. Then jump on the peir. Get the quad and pull to shore. You can also tow it with a boat to the nearest launch and pull down the road to your yard. Very slick system. I even pull mine up a 4' bank into my back yard

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to pull it every year but the float system is awesome. You stand on it and paddle to the craddle in the lift. Drop the bed down on top of the float and raise the bottom legs off the ground. Then jump on the peir. Get the quad and pull to shore. You can also tow it with a boat to the nearest launch and pull down the road to your yard. Very slick system. I even pull mine up a 4' bank into my back yard

Talked to guy next door, he leaves his boat on lift all year round. Pretty sure i wont be doing that. I think the float systems are neat. But it won't work very well for us as it gets very windy and big waves at times. So I've been told.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking at these!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802969.234384.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish we were allowed to have canopys. But Im finding out how many rules there are! Fricken bio marine study...really???? I wish they would just call it "we want more $$$ please" LOL

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a shoremaster with a 25 ft canopy that sits on the bottom. Same boat, make sure you get something that is around 5000lb cap. I have airbags under mine so when its time to pull it I just inflate and float it to the shore easy peasy. You really can't have canopies???

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently ! It obstructs view and or blows off and hit next door boat???
Also have to do a bio marine study on environment impact before can put dock in....$2500
Dock has to be 5 m in from each projected property line. So on a 50 ft lot that leaves me 17 ft to play with which includes boats on lift as well!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a shoremaster with a 25 ft canopy that sits on the bottom. Same boat, make sure you get something that is around 5000lb cap. I have airbags under mine so when its time to pull it I just inflate and float it to the shore easy peasy. You really can't have canopies???

What year and make of boat?

maxandvin

Reaction score
As previously suggested, a minimum of 5000 but preferably 6000 pound capacity for your lift. Your boat will weigh in with fuel and gear approximately 4000, couple of people getting in, maybe an unemptied ballast tank and you are over 5000 lbs pretty quick. We have a four post hydraulic cantilever lift and it has been fantastic so far. Couple of options for putting it in and taking it out, as it floats easily and has wheels for complete removal. We leave ours in just at shore with hydraulic cylinders out of the water and no problems yet. I would be interested to know if you are allowed to put a permanent pile in for your single post lift.. With all the rules you have described, it would not be surprising if you aren't allowed to permanently "alter" the lake bed. Just a thought!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allowed pilings, just have to submit plan, materials and bio report.... And of corse a fee!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
What happened to a few more weeks?????? Bwahahahaha... I pulled the row boat out yesterday too, she's at recreational today getting ready for hibernation.

Not to be accused of hijacking..... Doc's set up kicks azz, pump up the bags, float it in place (or to shore) deflate the bags and voila...eezy peezy....

'12 VLX ........... sadly just pulled it last weekend, now sitting in the shop :(

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be accused of hijacking..... Doc's set up kicks azz, pump up the bags, float it in place (or to shore) deflate the bags and voila...eezy peezy....

Thx
I will look into those, I have to spend a little more time there. From what I saw most had permenate docks and lifts. Lifts were ether solar or hard wired in. Next door guy leaves his boat on lift all year round!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently ! It obstructs view and or blows off and hit next door boat???
Also have to do a bio marine study on environment impact before can put dock in....$2500
dock has to be 5 m in from each projected property line. So on a 50 ft lot that leaves me 17 ft to play with which includes boats on lift as well!

haha sounds like a bunch of tree hugging bullch!t

Top Bottom