boat launch etiquette

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stupid thing at Mara is that there a park ranger that stays there right behind the parking lot. Maybe they should try doing there job

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Public flogging should follow anyone making a wake near the launch. Ashamed to admit it the worst offenders have Ab registered boats and the parking azzes have red/white plates. Feel like stealing a plate when I'm down in MT so I'm not guilty by association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dislike when a guy tries to level his boat in the launch by driving up the launch, seeing it's not level, then backing down in the water not even far enough to get the weight off the trailer, then driving back up. Not even trying to give it a little push or pull. Took him 15 minutes to even get his truck off the hill. Myself and a pontoon boat waiting in line in front of me both had to wait 30 minutes for those two clowns, brand new 80,000 boat won't get you the common sense.... My $750 boat and trailer me were out in about 5 minutes tops.

DCRZR

Reaction score
It's not just boat launches there's no etiquette on the water. Lots of people were anchored watching the jetski races on crane lake and it was a continous stream of idiots. People tubing doing circles like 100 yards a way, so they make waves for all us spectators and racers. Then not one but two super air Nautiques throwing up 4 foot surf waves 50 ft away. Like wtf is wrong with people? The surf boats nowadays could easily capsize little fishing boats if the wave catches them sideways. The best part of this all was that the other end of the lake was empty all day. .

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Don't forget the guy that wouldn't move his boat that was right by the course...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually had a seamless day on and off the launch today! Sicamous main launch. Bumper out. Plugs in... Dog didnt run away... kids didn't fight. Everybody got their life jackets on and kept their sh!t together for once! We are growing up lol!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually had a seamless day on and off the launch today! Sicamous main launch. Bumper out. Plugs in... Dog didnt run away... kids didn't fight. Everybody got their life jackets on and kept their sh!t together for once! We are growing up lol!

What's your secret?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous.. the 21' sport won't be out for a while around here...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at Pierre's point last Friday and the lake is still frozen over with a couple little spots open. Nice to see it starting to open up as I need to drop and anchor/buoy asap for this summer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at Pierre's point last Friday and the lake is still frozen over with a couple little spots open. Nice to see it starting to open up as I need to drop and anchor/buoy asap for this summer.
I'm sure if u talked to Jay u could use and look after his spot

Cause he's pulling out again and going to kokanoosa to be closer to family and half the drive

sent while drinking tea's

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey Jeff that is a great idea! Any idea how to get in touch with him or find out which was his buoy?

I'm sure if u talked to Jay u could use and look after his spot

Cause he's pulling out again and going to kokanoosa to be closer to family and half the drive

sent while drinking tea's

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey Jeff that is a great idea! Any idea how to get in touch with him or find out which was his buoy?

My bout is still in at pierres wife's expecting this summer so will be in koocanusa as well you can have at er if you talk to Lars he know which one is mine it's to the right of the swimming area there's a big white one marked private mine is the small red one in front of it has like 4 80lb blocks and an anchor attached at the. It Tom just check the rigging and have at it

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry iPhone sucks bouy and at the bottom hope this helps right side of swimming area of standing on the beach good spot as it's deep even when the water drops late summer held my x35 no problem

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised jay pulled out he put $ down on a prime spot fuelled I'll see him at kooc

Top Bottom