Board inserts.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was working on my feethooker board inserts tonight. My riveter bit the dust tonight on the second rivet. I have a better one in my toolbox at work but it has me thinking. Has anyone used bolts instead? Any reason not too? Thing like 10/32 screws with nuts or even 1/4" bolts. :confused:

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah rivots are way cleaner and they don't loosen off. Stick with em they work best.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour and run to princess auto and get yourself an air riveter... you can thank me later.;)
I have used the air riveters alot for work but havent bought one yet. Are the PA ones any good?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the power fist ones work great. 4 sets of boards so far and other misc stuff on the one I have. I can't remember exactly how much but I'm pretty sure it was around 20 bucks, well worth it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they are only 80 bucks. For that price I will grab one. I am used to paying 400 for them.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They work great for the money, just do yourself a favour and buy air tool oil and religiously oil it. It should last a long time. If it calves prematurely, just bring it back.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pa one and it was pretty decent and i got a couple years out of it. The last one i bought was from napa, i think it was about 150 bucks and it seems to have twice the pulling power as most rivets snap with one pull on the trigger and the pa one sometime took 3 or 4.

Top Bottom