Boafeng radio and BCA Float MTNPRO vest

Irocaz

Reaction score
For you guys that use the BCA vest/backpack and Boafeng radios, do you use the BCA Radio pocket? any problems with the buttons being pressed in your pack? I really don't have any extra room to pack a plastic sandwich container. These packs are very tight with the shovel/ probe inside

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a lock button on the bottom right, the waterproof baofengs i have tested have been really poor 4.5 watts at best even though some of them state 10 watts. Water i am sure is not a great thing for these radios, i sandwich bag is probably good enough just need a good waterproof mic.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got a strap pocket on my snopulse vest , works like a charm, no baggie needed

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just stick mine in my coat, no baggies either. I just use the smaller uv-5r with the stubby antenna.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the BCA and the Baofeng but my shovel is external mounted. the radio is in my bag with the mic feed through the shoulder strap and it is the only thing exposed. lock the leys and never have an issue.

Irocaz

Reaction score
I have the BCA and the Baofeng but my shovel is external mounted. the radio is in my bag with the mic feed through the shoulder strap and it is the only thing exposed. lock the leys and never have an issue.

Ok perfect! I just ordered the external shovel mount and I will try out the lock button on the radios tonight

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the MTNPRO best and have run the BCA radios. I just don’t out them in the radio pocket. It’s a pain to get to when you want to charge it anyways. My shovel is still inside my pack.

Top Bottom