Boa Boot System

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a pair of boots with the Boa lacing system. They seem great so far! Comments from other people that have used this system?

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt the system could be added. It is pretty much built in. Sure impressed with it so far!

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
although lve never had or seen always thought its just something else that could possibly break..never in that much of a hurry l cant tie my own boots

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
although lve never had or seen always thought its just something else that could possibly break..never in that much of a hurry l cant tie my own boots

You are likely a lot younger than me! The system seems pretty strong. Likely more chance of breaking a lace than it.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lent my stash of duct tape to a guy up on the hill last year who's brand new boas had snapped. Don't recall the brand but one wrap of black duct tape and off to the races

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are likely a lot younger than me! The system seems pretty strong. Likely more chance of breaking a lace than it.

55...still on the tried and true train...getting used to new tech will take time and trust...like to keep things basic and simple

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can order replacement wire from Boa Technologies for free and it's pretty easy to replace. I order 2 sets and have one in my bag for when it breaks (and it does).

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a great system, but you have to be aware of where the company puts the dial on the boot. I've seen some on the inside of the boot, which is in prime territory for being ripped off on running boards. The dial in the weak part of this system, so if it is protected, such as on the shin, then it is a great system.

B-Mac

Reaction score
I have a pair and love them. So quick to put on and take off. Really warm boot too.

Sent from my iPhone using

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set with the double(duel zone) Boa. I had the outside knob break. Until I could get replacement parts, I just re laced the boot to a single set up.
They do break, and Boa is great to deal with. Send them an email describing problem and the parts (knob, lace and tool) are on their way free of charge.

I will not go back to conventional laces on sled/board boots.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
knowing the customer support is there makes me happy, hopefully I don't run into issues but nice to know if I do they have been good to deal with.....this will be my 3rd season with mine (hmk) and they are awesome, bought a new pair of boots at the show just because of a good deal but put them on the other day and realized how much I love the Boas

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree with the comments above. Went back to my HMKs with the boa system this season. Forgot how much I loved them.

And they are awesome about standing behind them. If you do break one they send out new stuff no questions asked.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOVE my Boa system. And as has been said, Boa gives a lifetime warranty on them and is great to deal with. I'm getting a spare set right away.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the HMK boas for the past 4 seasons and would never buy anything else. I got 3 season out of my last pair and they were still good just my spare set now. I purchased the white and blue ones this year and they are awesome

rollando

Reaction score
just have to watch that u dont catch winder on running boards cause will break off. Easy to repair but not if u dont have extra one. have had happen to me few times so i went back to lacing up booties

Top Bottom