Blue River Riding Area Maps

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The map worked for us the day it was drawn. The highway is near the "x". I believe it includes Parberry, Murtle Coulies, and Finn but may be mistaken.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a Google Earth picture with some gps tracks on it from Murtle. I am unsure how much more of the area is explorable, but this is where we went that day. As well, if anyone else saves tracks on their gps, I can import them into Google Earth and make images for them.

Attachments

• Murtle.jpg
    Murtle.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 232

buckshot

Reaction score
Stick with the hand drawn maps!!! If people want trail maps they can go ride Valemount. The best thing about Blue River is that it's not groomed and when you go for a ride you don't see ANYONE ELSE.....the snow sucks all year in Blue River...go ride Revy.

shellnekov

Reaction score
Stick with the hand drawn maps!!! If people want trail maps they can go ride Valemount. The best thing about Blue River is that it's not groomed and when you go for a ride you don't see ANYONE ELSE.....the snow sucks all year in Blue River...go ride Revy.

If you make the map, the people will come, if the people come, they track up your area, if they track up your area, there's nothin left for you. I come for the small town untracked feeling. I vote to keep it that way. Boycott the map!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

we have grooming now, wasnt as often last year, but it will be more often

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you make the map, the people will come, if the people come, they track up your area, if they track up your area, there's nothin left for you. I come for the small town untracked feeling. I vote to keep it that way. Boycott the map!

down with maps!!!!

Huisky

Reaction score
I thought I was alone.....

I see I do have Friends....

I don't want Maps either !....

Robin is doing Just Fine ...( See Page 1 )

But I can't have everything My way.....

I am going to be in Trouble on this one....YIKES !

Agreed, no maps!

bigblock600

Reaction score
all maps should be drawn leading to one place....the clemina parking lot in valemount!

if i see more than 5 other sleds on the hill in blue river, it is always a dissappointment

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put me down for a "no maps vote":nono:. Maybe staging area's, but after that see where your sled takes you. There's nothing better than finally busting over a ridge that took 10 pulls and then finding your own piece of heaven.

buckshot

Reaction score
Tough luck for the people who can't explore the new areas for themselves. If they are brought out... that's a different story.(Robin still needs a side job...lol) I know most of the riding in Blue River can't support 500 people in a weekend.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i think maps would be good, cause not everyone knows the area and closues and also not everyone wants to pay money for a tour, some wanna go on there own and not have to pay alot for tours

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you make the map, the people will come, if the people come, they track up your area, if they track up your area, there's nothin left for you. I come for the small town untracked feeling. I vote to keep it that way. Boycott the map!

It's not the map that's going to bring the crowds, its BJ's many posts about coming to discover the jewel of the monashees and the champagne powder that only the blue can offer. If this is our little secret then lets keep it that way...enuf with the posts :beer:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from blue and it was great, only seen a couple people and it was foged in. So if you didn't know your way up, there was no way you would make it. Blue Jewels I went to ring door bell at about 7:30 am on sunday and no answer. So we went out to finn to the east....Had great pulls up there..... The glacier had a bunch of hand made maps, and was handing them out like candy.....

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maps or No Maps , doesnt really matter. It is all how you might want to look at it. More people that do come and use the area have the possiblity to make growth. They come the respect what is there. People see that and make waves to make new areas. Be it down the road 20 miles or 20 miles of new cut trail, that could lead to the glory bowl!
The downside of more people could be the abuse the area and dont respect what is there. Then you see areas get closed. The locals dont look forward to the season, as it just brings problems.

Map or No Map:confused:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
It's not the map that's going to bring the crowds, its BJ's many posts about coming to discover the jewel of the monashees and the champagne powder that only the blue can offer. If this is our little secret then lets keep it that way...enuf with the posts :beer:
Sorry You feel that way....

I did Not make the Snow Show to put out the message sooooo

I POST !

Oh by the way " Ride Guide " T.V. Show is coming to Film Blue River .....

I didn't order that....

So if You think I am " OVER EXPOSING " Blue River ....

Just wait until it hits T.V. !....LOL

They hope to get Us a spot sometime Feb. March ...

I will keep You Posted !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Hey .....

I just wanted a " Discussion " about it....

I think Maps are good and I think that they are Not.... so I am 50/50 !

It Just really SUCKS that We are finally starting to see Daylight and Revive Our Village !

We are facing " some " Closures ....We want it ALL !! ,...lol

I Just remember the good ole days.....LOL

The " Boy's " of Blue River did NOT want anybody here....THEN WE ALL

Embraced it and Wha La....

" Welcome to Blue River "

We Thank You ALL A MILLION Times Over !

Last edited:

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should go for the maps and grow blue river as a community. Blue jewel is a business after all and the only way to grow and survive is to advertise! So make the maps and bring on the customers! I know you all want to keep it your little secret but at the end of the day you are going to find the snow whether there are 4 or 40 ppl. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom