blue river area!

budster

Reaction score
hello everone 8 of us went to blue river last weekend found some good snow and new riding areas, trail headings were marked ok but went away after that found great snow up blueberry but had to watch steep drops in the tress to the west never did find way to higher ground, headed into grail country but again only found horshoe area which when we went up went to a cabin and back down we followed north until trail just ended in big slide and drop, a few other trails left off but no other tracks on them and we ran out of time to explore, next time maybe. going to pemberton 1st of march then may try again. love the area and will stop in at the jewel and buy a few pints for more info. till next time,

mawson21

Reaction score
Not trying to jack your post, 3 of us were also in Blue River over the weekend and had an awesome time. Thanks to all of the hospitality that Blue River had to offer.:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was 3 of us in blue river aswell and i allways enjoy the area... never had a bad ride other then my sled died.... Holly Smoke

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blue is always a good ride, can't wait to get back there, damn work!!!!:beer:

budster

Reaction score
thanks polaris rydrer sorry you want to change lol, we have a mixed group lots of doos and polaris,s gental fun for all, we are very seasoned riders pretty much used up valemount and mcbride tired of the crowds and 15.00 trail passes for nothing we can handle crummy trails just not idiots, so far we have found lots of good snow in blue but cant seem to get a full day of steep and deep lots of tree grooming but there has to be more here, we have a few ladys that can (ride) but the keyholes we find are a little tough for them is this all there is or our we missing the big one. think its great that you have to work for it here keeps out the raff but we will spend many $ here if we can just expand on what we have found. will bring some riders up late march hope to contact someone to find the better areas. thanks for checking me out have been slow to post but had sleds stolen and just breaking in new 09 700 rmks and 800 doos so lots of alberta riding untill now,

Last edited by a moderator:

budster

Reaction score
wondering where you rode great area certainley not crowded we had folks from same town here and never found them we were parked at the big community sign north of town on hiway rode from here both days others must have found parking elsewhere glad to here you had good time we have good riding here in drayton valley if you want to try sometime.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yea there is a parking spot just down the highway from where you were parked. were you the trailor that had "flamen (something)" on the side of it? thats the only truck i saw parked there

budster

Reaction score
no trailer, we had three white trucks with decks the first day and the same with a grey truck on saturday, wlike i have said the area has great potential just have to find it. not sure where is safe to ride found some land use signs but sleds had carried on so we were not sure what to do do not want to anger management as we are not locals only right to respect area, but would like to ride in great area.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well like i said, i can show you around, cause i love to hook up and ride with new peeps, i dont know north blue so i cant help you there, but i do know some other fun areas

budster

Reaction score
thanks for chatting heading off to lala land 1 hour differance, will try and hook up a week in advance if we come back late march look forward to having someone show us around just like we would if you came this way , thats how friends are made, maybe a beer at the avola pub when we bike through in the summer if things do not connect, budster!

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone ! We were also in Blue River on the weekend, we go quite often, It is one of my fav spots to ride, Thanks to the Glacier Mountain, they were great to us as they always are. One of the reasons I really enjoy Blue is because there is a great varity of riding, if you have beginners you can go places that they will be very comfortable, and if you want to get extreme there is some of that to. One thing I have noticed over the years of going to Blue is that if your not sure where to go just hop into the hot tube at the hotel and you will be sure to find someone that will let you tag along with them. Like I said I love blue I've been going there for going on 6 years now, and I still find new areas. Once again thanks for the hospitality Blue River, with a group of 8 in a small town its nice to be able to get good service

Tyler

Top Bottom