Blue Jewel / Blue River Updates & Conditions 2012 / 2013

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the not so:nono: friendly CN lady tell us last weekend the CN cops will be giving out tickets this year if you ride the road next to the tracks? Any truth to this?

I cannot see this but you never know. There were guys using it two weekends ago and didn't see them get a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there is maps on there web site but if you go there stop in and see digger he is the guide in town and if you are staying at the holly smoke inn talk to robin and he will draw you a map or they have some on hand already and I do believe that the glacier has them as well

Sent from my iPhone

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep it coming. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
5 inches today in town.
dec7 003.jpg

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video Dabs. Thank you.
Can anyone speak to the trail conditions going up Groundhog?

Has the trail through the tree's into Foam been broken yet?

I remember a few years ago, guys were parking at the Foam trail head (not the GH parking lot) before everything was managed. Im sure that creek is still running that you need to cross from GH parking to get to Foam. Are we allowed to park at the trailhead until the creek gets covered in, or is it grader bank riding (if there is a grader bank that is - so dangerous....)
I know there is a management agreement in place and i dont want to mess with that.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video Dabs. Thank you.
Can anyone speak to the trail conditions going up Groundhog?

Has the trail through the tree's into Foam been broken yet?

I remember a few years ago, guys were parking at the Foam trail head (not the GH parking lot) before everything was managed. Im sure that creek is still running that you need to cross from GH parking to get to Foam. Are we allowed to park at the trailhead until the creek gets covered in, or is it grader bank riding (if there is a grader bank that is - so dangerous....)
I know there is a management agreement in place and i dont want to mess with that.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Rode foam Dec 1. and there was an old tail going up... not too hard to follow. not sure about the staging now.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for staging at trail head why not if you can get in there. They probably won't be plowing it out but you never know. They want you to park at ground hog staging so you pay for a groomer that hardly grooms( once a week if your lucky but they will tell you was just groomed.

Sent from my iPhone

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for staging at trail head why not if you can get in there. They probably won't be plowing it out but you never know. They want you to park at ground hog staging so you pay for a groomer that hardly grooms( once a week if your lucky but they will tell you was just groomed.

Sent from my iPhone

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone

That is great logic, f..k the club that keeps these riding areas open by not paying for access. Even if you dont get a freshly groomed trail, at least you are still allowed to ride there. Not for long if a..oles keep screrwing the clubs. If they are collecting then pay, it costs alot to run that machine up and down those long trails.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone

Needs a freshly groomed trail but whines cause it costs money. #stayhomeasshole

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Given what I know of Boots, If given the preference he would prefer to make his own trail. Likely doesn't "need" a freshly groomed trail. I've also seen him pay to use a groomed trail on many occasion without complaint.

Just saying...

But the original question is good. If there is no way across the creek to foam and the original staging area is impasable how are people accessing? Are they? I'm considering coming this weekend and these thoughts are rolling around in my head too.

Last edited:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm an as hole.... I sure am lol. Yup I am sure it does cost money to run that groomer up down the trail but not what there charging. For what there charging and getting they could run that thing at least twice a week. Oh and the club doesn't own the groomer so as for keeping the areas open if they sold club passes all over town I would probably buy one.

Sent from my iPhone

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm an as hole.... I sure am lol. Yup I am sure it does cost money to run that groomer up down the trail but not what there charging. For what there charging and getting they could run that thing at least twice a week. Oh and the club doesn't own the groomer so as for keeping the areas open if they sold club passes all over town I would probably buy one.

Sent from my iPhone

Another lame excuse, would you like someone to come to your hotel room so you could probably buy a club membership? Dont be so lazy and seek one out. And I guess you own a groomer too, so you know just how much it costs to run one? How much do you make in a year? You can bet the groomer operator doesnt make 1/4 of what the average person does. Just saying, if we want groomed acess, just be happy it isnt $100.00 per head.

LB_

Reaction score
To be honest, I couldn't care less if a trail was groomed. From my experience, a groomed trail is good for the ride in only. By the end of the day, it's hard to tell that a trail was even groomed the night before.

Top Bottom