Blue Jewel / Blue River Updates & Conditions 2012 / 2013

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!!

We received about 10 to 12 Inches of SNOW IN Town last night !!

It is a Thing a Beauty !!!.......

Current Temp. is +0.5 BUT there is WAAAAAY to much Snow here now that it will NOT be Melting away until MAY !.....LOL

Robin got called in to Plow Town on His day off Today soooo He will have to Sled FROM the DOOR Tomorrow !

ALL You Peep's WE have A TON of Snow now for Your Trip to the Mountains at any time now .......

Stay Tuned be back later ....I am BBQ Some Steaks for the Crew before they leave !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!

This just in.....

Robin rolled up the Door and OFF to Alpine He went.....

" NUT DEEP " My Friends ......Sun is out POWDER in His Face...Life is GREAT He says....

Soooo with that said Off to the Hot Tub with Beer in hand He is 1 HAPPY Mountain Man !.....LOL

Current Temp. @ 1:15pm. is +1.4 C.....Humm.....I dont like that Temp. BUT it is better than +2 C.....LOL

Long Range looks like 10 - 15cms. for Tuesday and another 10 - 15cms. for Wednesday.....NOW that could Change so Stay Posted......

Looks like Temp's will be Highs of +1C. to -4C. and Lows of -2C. to -5C. Looks like Snow everyday from 3cms. to the 10 - 15cms I was saying for Tuesday / Wednesday.....

We can't wait to see You ALL here this Season !

I believe it will be better than Last Season !

Lets ALL Pray to " Ular " and give Thanks.....YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Stay Tuned.....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
mach123 hows it going !!

Ron ( Grand Pooba of Snow & Mud ) said they are doing Updates to the site and for some reason I cant Post Pics until that is all Updated !.....sory

I have never give out BS ....LOL

I usually do back up My Post with Pics ......sorry until S&M are done updating I cant Post Pics....

Korey

Reaction score
Broke trail Iinto groundhog east today great snow up top first clim in sucked lots of rock but pounded her out pretty good sled took some cosmetic damage but overall not bad still creeks open definatly needs more time for a safe ride just happy the poos drive shaft held up this weekend

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke trail Iinto groundhog east today great snow up top first clim in sucked lots of rock but pounded her out pretty good sled took some cosmetic damage but overall not bad still creeks open definatly needs more time for a safe ride just happy the poos drive shaft held up this weekend
Yeah just got the news on the carnage I will hear more when you guys are back in town. Wish I was there sledding and not sitting lol

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salmon won't be opened yet most likely due to not enough snow. Foam probably has lots of rocks showing yet.

Sent from my iPhone

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!

AWESOME Conditions in Blue River right now....!!!

Current Temp. is -3.8 C Overcast I cant see any Stars !...Thats GOOD !

There are some Guests of Blue River ran into Robin and Reported they Broke Trail into Foam Yesterday and they report " Nipple Deep "......

That is Base of about 3 Feet and POW 3 Feet BUT !......There is still Rocks and Stumps still showing in places...

They are sooooooooooooo HAPPY There Sled Trip has been AWESOME !

Blue River is to receive 5 - 10 cms. Tonight / Tomorrow .......

We will see Highs from +2 C. to -4 C. Cloudy ALL Week

We will see Lows of -1 C. to -6 C.

They are calling for Snow just about everyday ...From 2cms. to 15 cms.

Sooooo Lets ALL Pray to ULAR .......Get Off the Pot and make it SNOW Dam It !!.......AMEN.....LOL

More to come.....

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been up salmon or foam?

I like to wait till it is real deep before I break into Salmon. Need a little challenge. Plus the little trees in the first cut block make it real hard to find the right line.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to wait till it is real deep before I break into Salmon. Need a little challenge. Plus the little trees in the first cut block make it real hard to find the right line.

What do u consider real deep for salmon? Patti was just saying 6' up foam so should be about the same, plus a foot or two in the forecast. Itchin to get to blue for a ride thurs or sat before i gotta get back to work

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that was quite the challenge when we ran into your group breaking in last year!!! I lost 5lbs in sweat alone and we just got in and that was it! Maybe our paths will cross again this season, you never know. Higgins.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do u consider real deep for salmon? Patti was just saying 6' up foam so should be about the same, plus a foot or two in the forecast. Itchin to get to blue for a ride thurs or sat before i gotta get back to work

Depends on the snow in the valley, not on top. The cut block is a beotch to get through without ample snow, and those trees grow a little more each year. I remember our first trip into salmon over 10 years ago, there was only little bushes to worry about, now they are trees.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that was quite the challenge when we ran into your group breaking in last year!!! I lost 5lbs in sweat alone and we just got in and that was it! Maybe our paths will cross again this season, you never know. Higgins.

Gonna be a little easier for you this year hey? Me too I hope.....

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone up top in blue river today

Im tryin to hit it tomorro or sat, hard to find guys to ride that way, hopin digger can make it out. I think she ll be alright, seems like on the cams it snowed and was socked in a bit

Top Bottom