Blue jewel / blue river updates & conditions 2011 / 2012

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not much left, pretty tracked up everywhere!

As expected, considering there's been no new snow for at least a week. We're coming anyways and taking advantage of the set up conditions to find a way into a new area we've been looking at on Google Earth for two years. Successful or not, it should be fun.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Yooooooooo .....I am up and running for the moment....LOL

Ok...Updates....

FULL MOON......Howl !....LOL

Avalanche Conditi0ons are Moderate Low & Low sooooooo the Guys were up the Holy Grail and Paradise go any where Snow !

We have not received any new for over a week now....ULAR where for art thou ULAR !

WE NEED SNOW !!

Sounds like We could be getting some NEW Snow soon according to the weather Dude.....Humm....I sure hope so !

I am sooooooooooo sorry I have not been posting ......I will try and not go for so long.....I need a MAC !

I know ...I know....I was told a long time ago BUY A MAC !.......I WILL NOW !....LOL

If the Sky Opens up and Dumps Snow on Us I will let You know right away as long as this piece of crap lasts until I get to Kamloops !

Hang in there.....I am BACK !

Stay Tuned....

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue today, she was a bit warm as you can see. GOPR0021.JPG GOPR0019.JPG

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Good News!
The sled lost down the cutblock down to the creek in Salmon has been successfully rescued!! I'm told it took a lot of work, as there were no good/safe tie off points for either the chainsaw winch or the snatchblock to be used. "Push, pull, flip, drag, repeat" im told were the basic dance steps. Took all day but it's out, fully functional, with just a scratch for a memory.

Huge thanks to j.c.higgins & group as well as giv'er & group for helping him through the ordeal on the day/evening of the original incident. He's my cousin and I'm really glad you guys were able to help bring him home safely.

If anyone was around helping in the sled rescue yesterday I'd also like to extend my thanks, as by the end of it there were 9 guys working on getting it out, not sure if it was the original group or a few helpful passer-by-ers.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a groomiong schedule in Blue? Or if there is grooming at all this year?

Thanks

Sledavola

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a groomiong schedule in Blue? Or if there is grooming at all this year?

Thanks
Hey Ron, don't complain. The grooming of the trails in Blue River is a lot better than the grooming habits of some of the operators out there.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron, don't complain. The grooming of the trails in Blue River is a lot better than the grooming habits of some of the operators out there.

Who's complaining? I think your misinterpreting the nature of my questions. This is a forum of information sharing, im looking for information. Nuff said.

Now, back to my question at hand - does anybody have info on grooming for Blue?

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledavola why don't you crawl back under that rock you came out from under u duoche bag. You should be more worried about what goes on in that cockroach hotel of yours then trying to bash the operators of Blue River.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not going to judge the personal grooming of people I don't know, but going on the word of good friends, the trails in Blue are groomed better than the rooms are cleaned at your chit motel.

tmurphy

Reaction score
Would anyone riding Blue River this weekend mind a guy hooking up for a ride on Sunday. I'm experienced with all the proper training and gear (except riding partners this weekend)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told there was 90 cm at Salmon today...

Not sure if that's 100% correct...:confused:

Top Bottom