Blue jewel / blue river updates & conditions 2011 / 2012

bigbadbenson

Reaction score
3 experienced riders wanna hook up with someone that knows the blue river area tomorrow could meet in the parking lots 2 xps and a m1100 turbo wont go there unless someone will show us around, have a few beers and what nat... Looks like it gonna be shitting tomorrow yay!! Thanks Ben

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a 3 day ride in Blue River.....the snow was excellent, beyond excellent actually!!!! First day we ran into High Velocity and Glassman and crew trying to punch into the same area we were so we teamed up and helped each other out to get up and in. That took close to 8hrs to do! But was it worth it! Second day we went back and ripped around in knee, nut and tit deep snow take your pick it was there. Weather was not co-operative though, basically snowed every day we were there, in fact when we went back to the same area the third day it had snowed another 1-1.5ft from the day before. This was waste deep and up riding! Stuck-o-rama everywhere! But what a ride! Will post pics, left the camera in my buds truck. Higgins.

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
j.c., it was great to meet and ride with you guys. That definitely was a workout but worth it for sure. My legs are just starting to feel ok. We'll likely head that way again in a couple of weeks and looking at the forecast, we could be in for another epic day breaking trail.

spitfire340, it was the Salmon trail that my group and higgin's group spent almost 8 hours on Thurs./26th breaking out the section through the clearcut to the first big meadow. There had to be an easy 3-4 feet of fresh snow.

Last edited:

Giv'er

Reaction score
Higgins, was that you with you guys helping the kid out of salmon? I am assuming he was able to get out......

Giv'er

Reaction score
since i'm here. Here are a few pics from salmon. Bud here is 5'10" STANDING about 10 feet behind his stuck sled on flat ground. m1000 153.

Attachments

• IMG-20120128-00045.jpg
    IMG-20120128-00045.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG-20120128-00044.jpg
    IMG-20120128-00044.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 602

Giv'er

Reaction score
Here is a spot where we stopped for a break. I looped around a couple times and then stopped in my own track. Snow was a solid 8" above my seat. I stepped off and finally built a little base under my feet while my shoulder lined up with the top of the snow. I was scared to try it but i seriously believe that if you jumped off of your sled with your arms tucked in it would be over your head!! it was like climbing out of a swimming pool when getting back on your sled. IMG-20120128-00043.jpg

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pics Giv'er! Yes we stuck around to give the young guy a hand! I remember you now, you gents came down the logging road to see if Dion could get out of the creek draw that way. We ended up back at the corner where he went over the edge. He climbed back up, exhausted of course. And we made sure they got out safe! Higgins.

spitfire340

Reaction score
OMG thats sick, can't wait heading up wed. thanks for the info and breakin that trail, spent 2 full days on it last year but its always worth it!

Giv'er

Reaction score
Higgins,

I would like to truly commend you and your friends for helping that boy out! I think that was a good lesson for all of us about that cut block going in to Salmon. I always wondered if a guy could get out of there, if dropped in.

Again though, staying out there late, waiting up there, exposed, helping and coaching him along......that really deserves recognition!

If I may also add to those at home......when a storm rolls through, and you have in-adequate sleds or inexperienced riders, stay out of the difficult areas. We ended up having 20+ sleds parked in a high risk zone while someone with a firecat and 1.25" track is struggling to get through. The string of events that followed endup of with a good ending, but it could have ended badly. As it is, there is still a sled out there that may not be recovered for a while.

Giver

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Giv'er, where exactly, did the unfortunate fellow drop in ? Was it that deep gully going down the clearcut ?

Last edited:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went down into that draw about 10 years ago. We were trying to get into salmon. I ended up getting out a little ways down and had to sidehill all the way across the cut block. The trees were alot smaller then, I wouldnt want to do it again.
And thanks to higgins and the boys for the help breaking trail. I bet your looking hard at the 3" track now.lol.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a challenge, wouldve liked to try it out myself (breakn trail in). We rode groundhog that day and it was reeeal good too.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that comment Giv'er, my riding buds Norm and Mike were quick to react in helping out in the situation so kudos to them also! But for some reason i can only post some of my pics! Oh well next time. And yes Glassman i'm droolin' over the 3" upgrade! Anyways had a great ride in Blue, met a few forum members (Great people), hopefully get back this season. Heading back to the old stompin' grounds of McBride on the 8th. See Ya! Higgins.

1: This is Norm Belanger rippin' thru the pow!!!
2: Double stuck Norm and I. As you can see the Polaris made it higher!LOL.
3: Normy shredding some pow in the meadow.
4: Stuck again! This was the third day where it had snowed 1-1.5ft overnight. Super Deep!
5: High Velocity, glassman & crew.
6: Mike running some of the pow!

Attachments

• Blue River Jan.12 012.jpg
    Blue River Jan.12 012.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 887
  • Blue River Jan.12 039.jpg
    Blue River Jan.12 039.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 803
  • Higgins 046.jpg
    Higgins 046.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 795
  • Higgins 043.jpg
    Higgins 043.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 785
  • Higgins 047.jpg
    Higgins 047.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 792
  • Higgins 042.jpg
    Higgins 042.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
Thanks for that comment Giv'er, my riding buds Norm and Mike were quick to react in helping out in the situation so kudos to them also! But for some reason i can only post some of my pics! Oh well next time. And yes Glassman i'm droolin' over the 3" upgrade! Anyways had a great ride in Blue, met a few forum members (Great people), hopefully get back this season. Heading back to the old stompin' grounds of McBride on the 8th. See Ya! Higgins.

1: This is Norm Belanger rippin' thru the pow!!!
2: Double stuck Norm and I. As you can see the Polaris made it higher!LOL.
3: Normy shredding some pow in the meadow.
4: Stuck again! This was the third day where it had snowed 1-1.5ft overnight. Super Deep!
5: High Velocity, glassman & crew.
6: Mike running some of the pow!

I wish that there was a Post Thanks/Like that said "I HATE YOU & AM TRULY JEALOUS YOU EXPLIT OF DELETED HERE!!!!!!" either way that looks absolutely amazing & I am soooo jealous!!!!!!! I am soooo angry but so looking forward to getting out there again!!!!!!! I just hate the wait even more because of you!!!!!!!

Top Bottom