BLUE JEWEL / BLUE RIVER UPDATES and CONDITIONS

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I came to blue river about a month ago to try sledding something different. We were there about three years ago and Robin from Blue jewel took three of us on a guided tour for the day and we had a blast. So we figured we would just go where we went with him for the day. Well, we got to Blue river and went to the gas station on the highway, fueled up the sleds, bought some groceries, etc and asked the lady at the till if they had any trail maps, just out of curiosity? She told me to go over to the glacier mountain lodge and ask about the maps. So I walked over and asked the lady for some maps. The first thing she asked me was where we were staying. I told here we were at the best western in Valemount but had just driven down for the day. She plain out told me to ask someone in Valemount!! What a B$%^th!!! Wow.......I then told her that we had paid for a tour about three years ago and told her where we went, "down by the train tressel" and she said" That area has been closed for years! That Robin takes people where he shouldn't be in the first place!!" I really don't think she took her prozac pills that morning. AAAAnyway, after a while, she gave me some kind of a half ass photocopied map and walked away. Whatever, I thought. Went to the truck and told my wife what happened. She said that we should just go over to the blue jewel. Went over and spoke to a nice lady at the Holy smoke. She said she was the cook. Anyway, apparently Robin was working and Patti was sleeping because of a late nite before. So we just decided that we would go out for ourselves. We drove south of town to where the train tressel is and saw a sign on one of the trees that said " no sledding". We thought, hmmmmm, maybe she was rite? Then looked at that ratty old map and drove down to some parking lot south of town that would hold all of about ten trucks!! Well that lot was full so we just said the hell with it!! We ended up going to Chappell for the day and had a great time. I really don't think we will be coming back to blue anytime soon? There sure doesn't seem to be anything organized there?

thanks for not coming again it is a crappy place to ride bahahahahaha ...

murdok

Reaction score
I love blue river. 1.Way less riders than Valemount (for now anyways), only an hour further. 2 Lots of areas to choose from. 3 Is almost always more snow. I don't need to rely on locals to help me for free. I don't get sad when people don't recognize me from 3 years ago. And I don't trash people on the internet.

well that's just good for you then!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue with anyone in Blue River...Always been treated well and helped out by all the locals I've meet there. Maybe some of you are coming to Blue with the wrong attitude to begin with?? Blue isn't for everyone...alot of it is what they say...STEEP and DEEP...most areas here are not for begginers and if you aren't a fairly decent rider you shouldn't be exploring alot of there areas yourself without a knowledgable guide. If you have had bad experiences in Blue River then just stop in Valemount and McBride and ride with the masses...Just my 2 cents

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok.....

....WOW.....

Back to updates for Thursday.... !

Current Temp. in the Valley Bottom is +1.2C. Overcast

Looks like it is Snowing up Top !

We are expecting Snow for the next few days.....

The Guys were in 2-3 Feet of Powder Yesterday !

I will report back again later when they get off the Mountain !

POW-WOW will be out tomorrow and will be taking Pics sooo Stay tuned for that !!

I am trying to figure out how to limit the # of People staying in Valemount Sledding Blue River .....

Maybe show Your room receipts or We can Stamp Blue River on you.....

We need to Limit that as We are being over run with to many Peep's from Valemount that think it is funny to go out of bounds .....Some don't really care... about what is going on here as I have talked with some of them and they just don't care !!

I think if You are staying in Valemount...then stay there and Sled there !

I don't ever hear Oh We are staying in Blue River so lets Sled Valemount ....I have never heard anyone doing that !!

Blue River needs those Tourism dollars here !!

Yes I know this is a FREE Country but hey....lets HELP Blue River first .

Show Your Stamp or receipt where You are staying, and then We can Manage the #'s better .

I hear that everyday from the Sledders staying in Blue ..." Holy a lot of people staying in Valemount are here in Blue and sometimes running a muck and going out of bounds...NOT FUNNY !

I heard a few of them saying We sledded in the Park !....Lovely...

I LOVE ALL Sledders but there are a few Rotten Eggs where ever You go !

You ALL want to Help Blue River then book into Blue River We have a lot of rooms here !

The Holy Smoke Inn , Blue Jewel Cabins , Glacier , Sandman , Bone Creek Cabins ,Blue River Motel , also there are a few other People that have their Homes open for Business , also there are a few empty places for rent here by the month.....

So as You can see Blue River has a lot of Rooms available.....

Hey don't shoot Me for Posting this 98% of People in Blue River feel this way....

YAHOOOOOOOO Snowing lightly in BLUE !!

This is just a little scary. Look like you folks in Blue River need to do some soul searching. I have a place in Valemount but I also sled in Blue River and McBride. Always willing to pay my way with respect to memberships, trail passes, etc. It would appear at least for now I am not welcome in Blue River. Let me know when you figure it out.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just a little scary. Look like you folks in Blue River need to do some soul searching. I have a place in Valemount but I also sled in Blue River and McBride. Always willing to pay my way with respect to memberships, trail passes, etc. It would appear at least for now I am not welcome in Blue River. Let me know when you figure it out.

Roy everyone is welcome in Blue.........:d

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lexy and everyone at glacier house have always been great to me and i have never stayed there. No hard sell when i stop to ask questions either

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
My wife and I came to blue river about a month ago to try sledding something different. We were there about three years ago and Robin from Blue jewel took three of us on a guided tour for the day and we had a blast. So we figured we would just go where we went with him for the day. Well, we got to Blue river and went to the gas station on the highway, fueled up the sleds, bought some groceries, etc and asked the lady at the till if they had any trail maps, just out of curiosity? She told me to go over to the glacier mountain lodge and ask about the maps. So I walked over and asked the lady for some maps. The first thing she asked me was where we were staying. I told here we were at the best western in Valemount but had just driven down for the day. She plain out told me to ask someone in Valemount!! What a B$%^th!!! Wow.......I then told her that we had paid for a tour about three years ago and told her where we went, "down by the train tressel" and she said" That area has been closed for years! That Robin takes people where he shouldn't be in the first place!!" I really don't think she took her prozac pills that morning. AAAAnyway, after a while, she gave me some kind of a half ass photocopied map and walked away. Whatever, I thought. Went to the truck and told my wife what happened. She said that we should just go over to the blue jewel. Went over and spoke to a nice lady at the Holy smoke. She said she was the cook. Anyway, apparently Robin was working and Patti was sleeping because of a late nite before. So we just decided that we would go out for ourselves. We drove south of town to where the train tressel is and saw a sign on one of the trees that said " no sledding". We thought, hmmmmm, maybe she was rite? Then looked at that ratty old map and drove down to some parking lot south of town that would hold all of about ten trucks!! Well that lot was full so we just said the hell with it!! We ended up going to Chappell for the day and had a great time. I really don't think we will be coming back to blue anytime soon? There sure doesn't seem to be anything organized there?
Give Me a Name or description and I will ask that person why they are saying that about Robin.....I can;t Help what they say ...ITS NOT TRUE !

Robin DOES NOT TOUR Out of Bounds .....If He did Why in the He!! would We apply to Gov't for Tenure if We just were going where ever the He!! We wanted !!

I will be asking Bill what His staff is saying about Us.....Yup Robin has a FULL time job and so do I.....so forgive Us for Working and Sleeping....

I now know what I have to do to make My Business work !

ALL Your feedback has really Helped !.....Thanks Hey !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok....

Can I have My HAPPY THREAD BACK PLEASE.....

sorry about ALL the siity service some have You have experianced but We do the best We can.....

We are only a Mom & Pop show.....

Give Us a break would Ya.....Robin & I do the best We can....

If that is not good enough ....then sorry I will try to be Perfect ! Ya right....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
You know I never said that anybody wasn't Welcome....( I said Maybe We should ask for Room receipts )

I am looking for soulution to " Low Impact ".....

But at least You are ALL telling Us You Beef ! sooooo We can listen and Improve !

Thank You....

waka

Reaction score
I really like this Thread Blue jewel... keep the reports coming and pics... you have fans that have not made it to Blue River yet, but the word is YET... The rest of this nonsense should just stop, all the politics and finger pointing seem to be taking away from the charm of your little village.. and your thread... start another thread about b*tching about all the little crap that happened to you a month ago or when you were a kid or whatever... lets just enjoy the pics and keep wishing we were there...

My 2 cents but why wreck this thread with all this crap... Its like the JBB thread, I just go to look at the pics... teehee

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Update and Conditions....

It is Snowing in Blue River right now ....

Current Temp, at 11:45 is " 0.9C. "

We are socked in pretty good soooo looks like Ular is here to stay for Today anyway !!

I will Post when it starts to pile Up !!

Stay Tuned for more to come....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I really like this Thread Blue jewel... keep the reports coming and pics... you have fans that have not made it to Blue River yet, but the word is YET... The rest of this nonsense should just stop, all the politics and finger pointing seem to be taking away from the charm of your little village.. and your thread... start another thread about b*tching about all the little crap that happened to you a month ago or when you were a kid or whatever... lets just enjoy the pics and keep wishing we were there...

My 2 cents but why wreck this thread with all this crap... Its like the JBB thread, I just go to look at the pics... teehee
Waka !

Thank You it is good to know I have a least 1 Fan out there !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Roy....

I have figured it out....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ohhh Man You Guys it is Snowing PANCAKE Flakes !!

POW-WOW has Camera....siit

It is really a thing of beauty.....

Giver ULAR......LOVIN' This !!

Snow is blowing from the North ....great sign that it is going to be a GOOD Dump !!

Stay Tuned !!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ohhh man you guys it is snowing pancake flakes !!

Pow-wow has camera....siit

it is really a thing of beauty.....

Giver ular......lovin' this !!

Snow is blowing from the north ....great sign that it is going to be a good dump !!

Stay tuned !!!!

is it starting to cover the ground in town yet??

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok here are a couple of Pics taken 2 minutes ago.....

March 13 2010 002.jpg

March 13 2010 001.jpg

March 13 2010 003.jpg

March 13 2010 004.jpg

As You can see it looks like April here in the Valley Bottom....

This Weather is supposed to last for the next few days....

Stay Tuned more Pics to follow....

Top Bottom