Blindman River

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen some tracks on there yesterday at the hwy 2 overpass. Anyone on here been out on it yet?

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been down it yet? I've heard there's tracks but seems a bit early to me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been down it yet? I've heard there's tracks but seems a bit early to me.

Temps have been right, but lots of snow on top insulating. Parking will be at a premium with all this snow where we normally park on 2a. I've seen sled and quad tracks, but certainly not very many.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking, looots of snow on top. Unfortunately I think we need another run of -40 haha. A buddy that lives by the river said he saw some quads go by a couple weekends ago, I said "that's cool, let me know if you see tracks coming back" haha.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The middle of the river by the hiway 2 bridges looks it has not frozen over all that well yet there looked like slush in the track of the sled that turned around there this was 3-4 days ago
To the east there was hardly any ice before the last big snowfall

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen that as well. Weird river at the best of times. Always top water on there.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been down the blind an from 2a lately. I'm thinking of going for a ride this sat

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been up last week, parking lot fiasco, why do clowns insist on all season tires and expect everyone to help them in an unplowed parking area.

open water everywhere, clowns all over the river, cutting the inside turns at full speed. it is dangerous. wear a helmet.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking lot probably has a pile of snow.
Good to hear its rideable , I wasn't sure if it would be with all this warm weather

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking lot probably has a pile of snow.
Good to hear its rideable , I wasn't sure if it would be with all this warm weather

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

ah there is no way of knowing, there were areas that were sketchy a week ago, been warm and not freezing, personally i'd be riding somewhere else. as i have no desire to ride there again.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been up last week, parking lot fiasco, why do clowns insist on all season tires and expect everyone to help them in an unplowed parking area.

open water everywhere, clowns all over the river, cutting the inside turns at full speed. it is dangerous. wear a helmet.

The creeks are opening at the beaver dams now. With warm weather be careful..

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and a couple friends went down the blindman and it was amazing. This was 2 weeks ago at the start of the warm weather.
I dont know if red deer and area guys just like going fast down the river(losers) but every single field off the river was untouched and DEEEEEEEP!
The last 3 years i have only riden in the mountains. This is the first year i have spent really any time on my sled around the city. the snow was
soft and deep like the mountains but nothing to climb. I am heading out again this weekend but maybe down by caroline. Has anyone been out that way lately?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and a couple friends went down the blindman and it was amazing. This was 2 weeks ago at the start of the warm weather.
I dont know if red deer and area guys just like going fast down the river(losers) but every single field off the river was untouched and DEEEEEEEP!
The last 3 years i have only riden in the mountains. This is the first year i have spent really any time on my sled around the city. the snow was
soft and deep like the mountains but nothing to climb. I am heading out again this weekend but maybe down by caroline. Has anyone been out that way lately?

no idea where you were riding, but most of that area is private property, most fenced, some just sign posted. you sure you were in an area you were alowwed to ride in?

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been out a few times in the last couple weeks. Posted pics in the Caroline Conditions thread. I might try it on Sunday.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Carefull riding the blind man A friend of mine was hurt pretty bad on it lately. Got hit head on by another rider. I rode it years ago but haven't been back since it got to busy. I don't know all the details but he's got two broken wrists and bruises. And has both arms in a cast now

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carefull riding the blind man A friend of mine was hurt pretty bad on it lately. Got hit head on by another rider. I rode it years ago but haven't been back since it got to busy. I don't know all the details but he's got two broken wrists and bruises. And has both arms in a cast now
Sorry to hear about your friend and Thanks for the heads up surprised this doesn't happen more as there are tons of azz hats that cat figure out to stay on there own side of the river It's not rocket appliances

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good spot for a hot dog and beer cart,,,,

Make some cash

cbsharp

Reaction score
Anyone been on the river lately? I was hoping to get out there this weekend if its any good

Top Bottom