Blew an engine :( 2009 Polaris Assault with 2010 engine.

KevinF

Reaction score
So the assault blew up on the mountain. At the top of telkwa range. Was almost a heli-rescue situation but luckily I had just crested the hill out of a valley. This is the second engine blown in this sled. My question is this, would putting an 800 C.F.I. 2 injector motor in be better than an 800 C.F.I. with 4 injectors? I lucked out by knowing the previous owner of the sled. He had purchased a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty that I hadn't been told about when I bought it. Anyways, all warranty work but something has to change or I'm sure I'll be putting in a 4th motor somewhere down the line. Please don't bother telling me I should buy something else. I'm well aware of the history of these motors, but I love the ride and feel of this chassis. The thing is amazing to toss around the mountains. Tons of fun if it can run reliably. Has anyone went with a different engine model? From a newer assault or older dragon?

jols

Reaction score
Rebuild it with the MTNTK "Fix" kit. Then run it with a Power Commander V fuel controller with auto tune. That's about as reliable as your gonna get while keeping it cheaper as you would be keeping the same engine in my opinion!! A lot of miles have been put on this kit with people on Snowest and HCS claiming absolutely no issues so far... The sled has never ran better! My "fix" kit is being installed as we speak... More info here... The ''FIX'' Performance Motor Sports Ashton, ID (208) 652-7738

Last edited:

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have gone through 3 top ends and just replaced the bottom end on my d8, this last rebuild i put weisico pistons in and also replaced the reeds to v force due to the stock ones being completely feathered out. running the red neck racing thermostat that did help with the piston scoring and i also noticed hp gain, and to have an extra sense of security the powercommander v. seems to be good so far

Top Bottom