Blackberry Torch - I LOVE IT !!!!

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wife was debating on the i phone as it was 50 or 100 bucks cheaper. i asked her if your getting a new phone why are we paying for old technology. as the i phone is already 1 yr old here. told her to get the torch. for once she listened.:eek:

You are cheap, that is why i mentioned the iPhone. :eek:

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO, the time has come to talk sad about the Torch (just for a moment).
I had to hit the Telus store this morning, and they exchanged mine for a new one.

Don't let this sway you away from the Torch, as I still love it as much as I did last week. Things just happen sometimes, and I just had a dud.

I mentioned earlier that the browser was being a pain once in awhile.
Well last night the phone started to not allow browser access, then began to freeze certain applications.
I got to the Telus store at 8:30 this morning when they opened, and showed them it. When the browser didn't work before, I removed and replaced the battery, and all was good.
Not this time, as the lady at Telus the other day, said: when it did it again to leave the battery in it, as they need to be able to see what it is doing while it is doing it. No sooner did I give her the phone to look at this morning, that the clock froze, all apps froze, browser was still not opening and keyboard would not work.

Not overly cool. They said no problems with the Torch at all yet, as far as the need to replace the phone, until mine this morning. (Of course mine has to be 'the one').
The only thing going wrong they have seen thus far, prior to mine today, is that if you use the hard plastic cases (which are even made specifically for the Torch) then it tends to make the phone act weird, as in apps running improperly, calls failing if you redial, etc. and when the customer had that issue with his phone, they took off the plastic case and while it was off the phone, the Torch works perfectly. But when they put it back on, it would behave weird again. I was just about to buy one of those cases this morning for mine, when she let me know about the other person's Torch issue with the plastic case. So I went with a different style case instead.

I love the Torch so much, that even when they gave me the choice of another Torch, or switching to iPhone, i still wanted another Torch.

I am still completely pro-Torch. I love it and can't say enough good stuff about it.
Some people are pro-iPhone, even despite the reception issues with some of the phones.
Again, these are products of sophisticated technology, mini computers if you will, not old fashioned land lines. Stuff can happen to them, and if and when it does, they will be fixed or traded and good to go all over again.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info here, I was going to get the new Storm. Now i think i will go for the Torch. I like using the keyboard as I have bigger hands, amongst other things, lol, but ya this is all great information. Thanks again.

Oh the coverage is probably limited on this as I am working in Southeastern Saskatchewan I better check the coverage area. I know the guys with iphones cannot get any service outside of town, lol.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear everyone likes their new Torch. It will be a while before I can get one or its replacement as my BB broke off contract 3 months before the Torch came out. I was keep the old 8800 and waiting for the Torch. Now I have a new 2 year contract with Rogers on a Bold 9700.
:crying3:

Top Bottom