Blackberry Torch - I LOVE IT !!!!

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got my Torch yesterday. Love it so far. Talk about ease of applications. Slightly larger than the Curve, but the slide screen giving option to actual keyboard is nice, although a touch keyboard is also available on screen.
Like the idea of heat sensitive screen, as opposed to some screens where you have to push buttons below the screen.
As with the iPhone, you can grab and stretch or shrink the screen. The Telus lady warned against using one of the those little Stylus pens with it, as the screen is not designed for the use of them, and also if you have long nails, probably not a good phone to have.

Very glad I picked the Torch, and fyi it has been in the U.S. for awhile now already, which is nice to know, as most people have had no problems with it. Of course there will always be the ones who hate Blackberry no matter what, or will look for anything to complain about, even if unjustified. (Like the customer that Magnet had to deal with for the ladies at the Telus store last night).

So if anyone else has the Torch, how do you like it ?
If thinking about it, ask away, I dont know everything about it yet, as there are so many options, but so far, so great !

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
got one as well, thanks retodd.

good stuff, os6 is awesome, fast. touch is waayyy better than storm

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Good to hear positive feedback...might have to get me one :d

So I got my Torch yesterday. Love it so far. Talk about ease of applications. Slightly larger than the Curve, but the slide screen giving option to actual keyboard is nice, although a touch keyboard is also available on screen.
Like the idea of heat sensitive screen, as opposed to some screens where you have to push buttons below the screen.
As with the iPhone, you can grab and stretch or shrink the screen. The Telus lady warned against using one of the those little Stylus pens with it, as the screen is not designed for the use of them, and also if you have long nails, probably not a good phone to have.

Very glad I picked the Torch, and fyi it has been in the U.S. for awhile now already, which is nice to know, as most people have had no problems with it. Of course there will always be the ones who hate Blackberry no matter what, or will look for anything to complain about, even if unjustified. (Like the customer that Magnet had to deal with for the ladies at the Telus store last night).

So if anyone else has the Torch, how do you like it ?
If thinking about it, ask away, I dont know everything about it yet, as there are so many options, but so far, so great !

got one as well, thanks retodd.

good stuff, os6 is awesome, fast. touch is waayyy better than storm

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Interesting ................. I do like my curve but have heard good things about the torch.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Once my contract is up on my Curve I too will be upgrading to a Torch

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting ................. I do like my curve but have heard good things about the torch.

I like my curve too, but I really like my really fast, really sweet Torch for the larger screen for browsing and for switching between applications no problem. For enterprise server emails you do it directly through the Torch, instead of the bis website ( I learned this today). The Torch device does not support HMTL for this. There are so many visual options and different funky things about it, that I am more impressed everytime I fool around with it. I also LOVE the quick load for videos to YouTube, as I am thinking this will come in quite handy when snow and my RMK get together, soon I hope !

I highly recommend it, but if you have large hands, you might want to consider using the slide out keypad, like you are used to on the curve.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
just got an email....the torch is $179 at costco with a 3 year activation. I think that would be with rogers....

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, now week 2 and I still love it. Browser link was being a pain on the weekend, but I took out the battery and re inserted and all was good (again). Learned that Youtube videos are so simple to upload with the Torch. BY far the best phone I have ever owned. If you use Facebook (we don't) then I bet it would be easy as pie and convenient as heck too.

Hey with the Curve you can charge in vehicle with any acdc charger. With Torch, the phone tells you it is not a Blackberry product and to use a Blackberry product. So much for using my Garmin GPS charger for Blackberry too. :(

Anyway, still loving it, no cons yet.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• sled1.jpg
    sled1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 158
  • sled2.jpg
    sled2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 153
  • sled3.jpg
    sled3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 152
  • sled4.jpg
    sled4.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 154

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, now week 2 and I still love it. Browser link was being a pain on the weekend, but I took out the battery and re inserted and all was good (again).

One thing that I would reccomend is trying Bolt Browser. It works way better than the standard Blackberry browser. What it does is trick the web server into thinking that it is a full browser not a mobile one. Works way better than Berryblab for surfing Snow and Mud! You get virtually the same views that you see on your big computer screen.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a torch in this morning for one of the guys in our office. So far it's amazing! The touch screen is much better than the Storm, the interface is lot more like the IPhone as far as how the touch portion works.

The 5MP camera is impressive as well.

evan3000

Reaction score
I got my Torch last week and really like it!! The service, i fell is much better then my old curve, its way faster and much easier to use. I just about got the new I phone , but I know three guys with them and they all hate how bad the reception is!!!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my Torch last week and really like it!! The service, i fell is much better then my old curve, its way faster and much easier to use. I just about got the new I phone , but I know three guys with them and they all hate how bad the reception is!!!!

wife was debating on the i phone as it was 50 or 100 bucks cheaper. i asked her if your getting a new phone why are we paying for old technology. as the i phone is already 1 yr old here. told her to get the torch. for once she listened.:eek:

Top Bottom