Black Sled Deck For 14 Ram 6' 4" Box

BIGTurboT

Reaction score
Hey

I have a Marathon Truckboss deck. Real sturdy, well built deck. They have a nice heavy duty ramp which telescopes and stores under the deck. It is easy for one person to remove, extend and setup the ramp, as well as put back underneath. With superclamps machines can be secured from the ground. They are on the expensive side, if you are buying new. I have mine for sale as I am currently slowing down my snowmobiling hobby. For what its worth, if I am in the market again in the future I would buy another one .

Check 'em out, I think you'll like them.TRUCKBOSS SLED DECK | other | Lloydminster | Kijiji

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Truckboss, definitely on the spendy side, but you really get what you pay for. Fit and finish second to none. They are heavy though, I will say that.

Sent from my iPad

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have experience with the Truck Boss and Full Lotus. My budget allowed for either one. I went Full Lotus. I just can't get over all the stupid little pieces that makes a Truck Boss. And their price is outrageous IMO.

The FL has a very proven track record, the slides are tubular and less prone to warping/bending which I've seen on square tubing decks, the ramp is a beauty, the deck is 100% full TIG welded and rated to 4500lbs. One pin to unlock or lock the slides which open and close with 2 fingers. The brackets which the ramp slides under the deck is lined with puck board. Super easy sliding. The top of the deck is a composite resin? material which should never need replacing.

And the FL is entirely Canadian including the electrical and metal. And they look unreal. Their prices just went up recently on their decks but I personally think they are still very competitive.

I don't mean to sound like I'm selling these things but Forrest knows what he's doing and backs his product.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My shameless plug. :d

Attachments

• 20141212_160652.jpg
    20141212_160652.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 20141209_145457.jpg
    20141209_145457.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a shameless plug just showing off! looks good. I have to agree with 347strokin that full lotus is top notch, better then truck boss IMO. I really like my bulldog deck but its not black only aluminum.

nwoprormk

Reaction score
not a shameless plug just showing off! looks good. I have to agree with 347strokin that full lotus is top notch, better then truck boss IMO. I really like my bulldog deck but its not black only aluminum.

Yep.....X2. Have one also. New "truck boss" isn't as good as the old marathon. Full Lotus all the way. Love mine.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My shameless plug. :d

I was looking at full lotus as well, but what sold me was that my box is sealed off, so moisture in there is minimal, and it has the flap on the tailgate, so if you lock your tailgate, everything is out of sight out of mind. Lotus is definitely a nice deck though.

Sent from my iPad

hmmc

Reaction score
I currently own a full lotus and a crosstrax the full lotus is a premium deck and the crosstrax is a no frills solid built deck for the money. The crosstrax is simple in design with the two piece ramp versus telescoping flat sides versus tubing. All this makes for simple manufacturing and less cost. I owned a few decks prior to these and would highly recommend to avoid anything Chinese. Nothing like rebuilding a deck that is 6 months old. Lastly the crosstrax reminds me of Alberta oilfield trailer built well and works the full lotus just a whole lot fancier.
Decks I have owned in the past years
blue arc- great weighed a ton
marathon- great don't make them any more
titan- pos
stf- decent don't think they make them anymore
crosstrax x2- great product
full lotus- great product
I also may know where there is a used truck boss out of a dodge pm me if your interested.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X deck worked for me for 5 years, only issue with most decks is the wiring will get brittle over time where it pulls from slides. Replace 2 out of 4 3" sections near rail LED's. Marathon and FL are great decks and made well if you dont mind paying double the price.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X deck worked for me for 5 years, only issue with most decks is the wiring will get brittle over time where it pulls from slides. Replace 2 out of 4 3" sections near rail LED's. Marathon and FL are great decks and made well if you dont mind paying double the price.

Did you have any cracked weld issues? I ran my X Deck for 1.5 years and had a bunch of cracked welds, the drivers side extension wouldn't slide anymore without a big mallet and I was rewiring the bastard everytime I used it. Even the hardware they used to fasten the wiring to the underside of the deck had rusted right out.

I struggled for quite awhile before I finally made the decision to spend big money on a deck. My only regret is I should've done it right the first time.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have any cracked weld issues? I ran my X Deck for 1.5 years and had a bunch of cracked welds, the drivers side extension wouldn't slide anymore without a big mallet and I was rewiring the bastard everytime I used it. Even the hardware they used to fasten the wiring to the underside of the deck had rusted right out.

I struggled for quite awhile before I finally made the decision to spend big money on a deck. My only regret is I should've done it right the first time.

None as of yet.

Top Bottom