Black Rhino Performance

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought I would let you know of a site I just ordered tires and wheels from in California... Its Black Rhino Performance. ITP rims with ITP mud lite tires for 900 shipped to Red Deer. I thought that this was a good price, as I couldn't find this setup for under 1200 in Central Alberta.

gusto

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought I would let you know of a site I just ordered tires and wheels from in California... Its Black Rhino Performance. ITP rims with ITP mud lite tires for 900 shipped to Red Deer. I thought that this was a good price, as I couldn't find this setup for under 1200 in Central Alberta.

Great price I have the same set up, but I have to say that make sure to torque the wheels down rite and check them before every ride. This could be the same for other wheels but these are the only ones that I have used on my Rhino... One time out lost 3 studs, almost the wheel, the same thing happened to a friend last weekend.. IMO never use a impact wrench and allways check them.... Not trying to steal your thunder, but trying to help so this does not happen to others....

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have them in your possession right now or are they still in customs?:d

toysplus

Reaction score
Great price I have the same set up, but I have to say that make sure to torque the wheels down rite and check them before every ride. This could be the same for other wheels but these are the only ones that I have used on my Rhino... One time out lost 3 studs, almost the wheel, the same thing happened to a friend last weekend.. IMO never use a impact wrench and allways check them.... Not trying to steal your thunder, but trying to help so this does not happen to others....

Hey Gusto did your studs break or the nuts come loose

gusto

Reaction score
Hey Gusto did your studs break or the nuts come loose

The nuts backed off I never cought it in time and broke the studs... I think what happens is if you dont torque them down properly the nuts wear the aluminium down and that is were the trouble starts...

toysplus

Reaction score
The nuts backed off I never cought it in time and broke the studs... I think what happens is if you dont torque them down properly the nuts wear the aluminium down and that is were the trouble starts...

when I got my ITP rims the special nuts were extra, are these the nuts that damaged the wheels? anybody know what the torque should be. Good to know that this can happen.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I got my ITP rims the special nuts were extra, are these the nuts that damaged the wheels? anybody know what the torque should be. Good to know that this can happen.

40ftlbs on stock steel wheels,.. I have ITP aluminum rims and torque to 42ftlbs before I go out every time.

You also have to make sure you have the right wheel nuts for the rims,.. I saved the grief and bought ITP ones for my rims.

toysplus

Reaction score
40ftlbs on stock steel wheels,.. I have ITP aluminum rims and torque to 42ftlbs before I go out every time.

You also have to make sure you have the right wheel nuts for the rims,.. I saved the grief and bought ITP ones for my rims.

;)Thats what i'm saying the rims do not come with nuts and most dealers don't say anything because their salesmen(salespeople) don't know any better:rant:

Top Bottom