Bison hunting anybody interested????

turbo mulcher

Reaction score
I,m trying to get 6 to 8 guys together for a free range Bison hunt in northern Alberta first 2 weeks in March 08 Have a couple of guys but need more. This is not a hunt to be taken lightly due to remoteness, cold weather etc. Camp is already sluplyed you need a lightwt snowmachine and cold weather gear. We split costs of fueland food etc. Also we will beable to take wolves and do some icefishing. email for more info. dscott09@telus.net

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey turbo how far north we talking and what type of costs do you estimate? It sounds like something i would be interested in if i can get the time off from work.

turbo mulcher

Reaction score
The hunt will be east of Highlevel cost will depend on number of guys. We are renting a small plane to GPS the area to save time, so fuel is the big$$ likly be about $1000 t0 1300 each. The guys I talked to up there said big power mountain sleds are not much good in the sugar snow, need somthing lite, I was going to bring my 700RMK as a spare.I bought a Tundra also. We can rent Bravos up there.

jamvan72

Reaction score
Is this a hunt for AB residents only or can anyone join in? Sounds like it would be a blast. I have previously hunted caribou when I lived in Manitoba a few years( 15) back north of Thompson and it was a blast.I know of one other person who would be in for sure regardless of cost. Thanks. James.

turbo mulcher

Reaction score
I think anyone could as long as you are lic to pack firearm in alberta. No lic needed for bison. You would need a lic to hunt wolves and fish. Don

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jamvan72 were did you live? I'm lived in Flin Flon MB. for 24 years. Good luck on your hunt guys. I have worked oilfield up rainbow lake, zama, through to high level area lots and did a bison hunt with some friends. Pretty tough hunting. lots towards zama city but can't hunt over there.

jamvan72

Reaction score
Tabneil I used to call beautiful Benito, MB home. I went to school for a year in The Pas for my diesel mechanics. Spent a few nights in the Unwinder in Flin Flon and the Caribou Lodge in Cranberry Portage( rough nights). I loved it up there, but I caved to the money in the Estevan, SK area and now I just holiday back home.

turbo mulcher

Reaction score
We are still looking for some more guys for this hunt, good way to loose all the xmas pounds while doing some hunting.

Top Bottom