Billet driveshaft fix

akrevrider

Reaction score
60% or both clamps sounds good if your going to be hitting it hard in the backcountry..lol.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fix.jpg i got mine today from chrisco and they look different from the original post, did you redesign? no big deal as they look great just wondering and thanks for getting us poo riders back out there and giving us some confidence till polaris can get this sorted out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cs5

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there was a redesign. I didn't want to have to deal with the guys telling me it wasn't balanced on all the forums so i change it so i didn't have to respond to 800 PM about balance. But all the old style are fine and works great and no one has had any problems with vibration.
fix 8.jpg

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there was a redesign. I didn't want to have to deal with the guys telling me it wasn't balanced on all the forums so i change it so it so i didn't have to respond to 800 PM about balance. But all the old style are fine and works great and no one has had any problems with vibration.
you won't get a vibration from your first design people are over thinking it.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great work on this solution Tyson. I ordered my set yesterday and one set for my old mans sled too. People are most definitely over thinking the vibration thing. You provided a great low cost solution to what is appearing to be a massive problem and should be thanked more and criticized less.

Hoping to have mine before the weekend for the first ride of the season!

snowhunter

Reaction score
I put 2 sets on my 163 le and 2 sets on the fiancées 155 600 pro rode them hard all weekend worked perfectly and as far as the balance thing on the old clamps honest to god people quit over thinking it we rode them on the prairies sat 80 miles at fairly hi speed and ud never know there there just buy them clamp those shafts and ride it the ice packed around those shafts is far more outta balance then those clamps ever will thanks Tyson and Chris

RINGER

Reaction score
Hey can someone post a pic of the brackets installed I just want to see where exactly you guys are puting them

thanks

ProRmkRider

Reaction score
OK. I ordered one thinking it would come in sets and i only got one clamp so now i ordered another one but it will be the new design see how it goes i guess. thanks

bell32

Reaction score
I installed 2, wasnt sure if the one side is needed or not but its glued as well and if I bought one and the other side snapped I'd sure be pissed for not spending another $70

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there was a redesign. I didn't want to have to deal with the guys telling me it wasn't balanced on all the forums so i change it so i didn't have to respond to 800 PM about balance. But all the old style are fine and works great and no one has had any problems with vibration.
View attachment 142485

Hi Tyson
I would take a set of the first style if you or Chrisco happen to still have them available.. I would think it the better design with less stress on the fastners!!

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Tyson
I would take a set of the first style if you or Chrisco happen to still have them available.. I would think it the better design with less stress on the fastners!!

Sorry not building the first style anymore may have some left at the shop but the stress on the fasteners would be the same. clamping is clamping now its just spread over all 6 faces instead of 4. It seems like any way i build them someone is going to want something else so this style is it, its working great and lots of guys are buying them.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry not building the first style anymore may have some left at the shop but the stress on the fasteners would be the same. clamping is clamping now its just spread over all 6 faces instead of 4. It seems like any way i build them someone is going to want something else so this style is it, its working great and lots of guys are buying them.

Thx Tyson for the reply, yes you can't please everyone, been there... I will contact Chrisco to place my order!

Top Bottom