Billet Bogie Wheels

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey was looking for some billet bogies for my newly powder coated sled and just looking for some different companies that carry them

What else do I need to look for, heard something about try and find the ones that are rubber coated on the wheels.

Only brand I ahve really heard about is MMP.

Thanks

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem with those alluminum billet jobs ......wait for it ....they collect snow like frosty the snow man ....they perpetualy grab snow and stay heavy ...go carbon 0 heat 0 build up

here is set of realy nice alluinum billets

Picture032-1.jpg

Last edited:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CR RACING...................sells carbon and has their own Billet line of wheels......bought out Pure Performance

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with tricked toyz billet powdercoated with the rubber ring

i run these on a couple sleds. had problems with the ones icing up without the rubber ring

but good to go with it.

TRICKED-TOYS

there stuff is just awesome.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I heard a ton with the billet icing up and that the rubber coated is a must. Now just gotta debate taking some of the bogies off the bottom rail, I do ride a lot of trails back home here and ditch bang a lot, nature of living in the midwest and needing to ride. Don't think scratchers are designed for that long of intended use...

Mike, since you have everything carbon on your sled minus your riding jacket, where do you buy from and how are prices?

reg28

Reaction score
I think CR's CF boogie wheels come from NexTech in Edmonton.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I heard a ton with the billet icing up and that the rubber coated is a must. Now just gotta debate taking some of the bogies off the bottom rail, I do ride a lot of trails back home here and ditch bang a lot, nature of living in the midwest and needing to ride. Don't think scratchers are designed for that long of intended use...

Mike, since you have everything carbon on your sled minus your riding jacket, where do you buy from and how are prices?

if I ever need some replacement stuff I'll shop here
Home carbonsled (NEXTECH) manufacturer of carbon fiber snowmobile products

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey was looking for some billet bogies for my newly powder coated sled and just looking for some different companies that carry them

What else do I need to look for, heard something about try and find the ones that are rubber coated on the wheels.

Only brand I ahve really heard about is MMP.

Thanks

CR RACING

003-8.jpg

Billet wheels holding snow with a 2 wheel kit is a non issue....you can peek in and see the rear boogyies are clear

039-2.jpg

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with specialty sleds, 8" anodized with polyurethane coating, they worked very well this season, even the the really sticky wet snow.

My sled was completely cover in snow all day long and to clean it off entirely after being cover was at least 8 mins hahaha. You can see the wheels arn't piled up like the pic above in here.

Attachments

• IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 86

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, dug into this a little deeper and found out the owners of MMP are orginally from a small town only about an hour from here. Had a LONG conversation with them and they said all their wheels have lipped edges on them so no sharp contact points for snow to stick to. I said what about chipping and they said they are warrantied for life, so figured eh they stick gonna get a free set. Ended up going with a offset axle and 8" center wheels. Will take pics and post them when they get in.... plus my free hat! haha

BTW, if you are interested in them, they told me they don't really advertise this but during the off season they run huge deals on their stuff, my order was about 25% off, so if you decide to order from them do it in the summer.

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, dug into this a little deeper and found out the owners of MMP are orginally from a small town only about an hour from here. Had a LONG conversation with them and they said all their wheels have lipped edges on them so no sharp contact points for snow to stick to. I said what about chipping and they said they are warrantied for life, so figured eh they stick gonna get a free set. Ended up going with a offset axle and 8" center wheels. Will take pics and post them when they get in.... plus my free hat! haha

BTW, if you are interested in them, they told me they don't really advertise this but during the off season they run huge deals on their stuff, my order was about 25% off, so if you decide to order from them do it in the summer.

haha saweet rob! what color did u end up getting?

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, going to be red suspension, black rails I think, and plain billet wheels on in......

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I picked up my wheels from MMP it was mid summer. Longer I kept talking to Maria, lower the price kept getting. You'll really like their products.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto that talking to her, she got me a cap and she said some "other stuff" so we'll see haha....

Top Bottom