Bikes when Camping

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone does when they have to take four or more pedel bikes with them when they go camping. I have to take two adults and two kids bikes and it is a pain in the a-s to tie them so they stand up. I hate to just throw them in the back and let them rub on everything and i am not too crazy on putting a bike rack on the back of the trailer. Just wondering if anyone has something unique!!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 4 fork mount clamps and bolted them to a 2x4 and just drop the 2x4 in the box or bolt it to my deck. $21 each @ MEC. You might be able to find them cheaper than that, I'm sure I paid $10 but it was a while ago.

Attachments

• Fork Mount.jpg
    Fork Mount.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 120

nytro mtx

Reaction score
Hey bergy
I race down hill bikes for a shop in edmonton, when we go to the hills we drape a old blanket over the tailgate ( for protection )and place the front tire over to the outside of the truck so the top of the gate is under the steer tube of the bike, turn the frnt tires so that the forks are running along the gate. We are able to get 7 bikes in the box and still have room for gear.
PM me your edress and I can send u some pics, cant seem to get pics sent here.

Hope this helps
Dwayne

Top Bottom