bike insurance in alberta

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any opinions and eperience with insurance companies as far as prices for motorcycles in alberta? ive been with same company for about 15years. im sure i could do better as far as pricing on my 2012 harley.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been with CO-OPerators all my life and have yet to find a better rate for all my vehicles and my toys or my Harley, $500 yearly full coverage for the 06 Night Train..

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any opinions and eperience with insurance companies as far as prices for motorcycles in alberta? ive been with same company for about 15years. im sure i could do better as far as pricing on my 2012 harley.
Blue-circle! I'm paying around 600 a year for FULL coverage with a $500 deductible on a 2012 Triumph Street Triple. It's about 300-400 less than other quotes I got, and that is with only having my license for less than a year (with motorcycle course with Too Cool).

Last edited:

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am paying too muck so for the amount I rode last year, I dropped the collision. I didnt want to but it was half the price. I still pay $640 for my 2000 HD Ultra just to get it on the road, so I would appreciate anyones advice on where to get a better rate as I would like to get the collision back on. Riding bikes with class 6 for about 30 years accident free and still get screwed. Maybe because of the 1499cc...not gonna tell about the BB kit in her now. Currently insured by some company out of Quebec through my broker.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL tell me aboout it!!! $2600 yearly there when I insured my scoot!!!!!!!!!!! BRUTAL[/QUOTE

With you paying that much I should feel better about my price, but don't. Maybe I just think its too much because I dont get enough miles on it. This year, the Oregon coast!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL tell me aboout it!!! $2600 yearly there when I insured my scoot!!!!!!!!!!! BRUTAL[/QUOTE

With you paying that much I should feel better about my price, but don't. Maybe I just think its too much because I dont get enough miles on it. This year, the Oregon coast!

Yeah man its SICKENING!! I keep it insured in AB now though instead!

Sweet are you riding right from GP? When ya heading out?

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out the start of Sept after schools are back in so traffic should be lighter and low season begins. 3 of us have committed so far and 1 more wants to, but open to anyone wanting to join. Going as far south to go over to Vegas then straight north home. Been talking about this trip for 3 + years so now gonna get it done.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out the start of Sept after schools are back in so traffic should be lighter and low season begins. 3 of us have committed so far and 1 more wants to, but open to anyone wanting to join. Going as far south to go over to Vegas then straight north home. Been talking about this trip for 3 + years so now gonna get it done.

Damn that sounds awesome! See what happens hmmm

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2001 HD Classic. $125 yr ,PLPD fire & theft
1998 Honda Gold Wing 1500 SE same price same coverage
2005 yamaha 50 scooter .full coverage $85.00 yr for wife
2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak Quad PLPD Fire & theft $ 90.00 year TD Mellous Monnex Insurance Calgary, I was with Co Op for 25 yrs, these TD guys are half price of them.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Primmum for all of my stuff. Stumbled upon them trying to find insurance for my 999R Xerox Edition and they were the only company that would insure it. Now use them for everything and they have always been good to me.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home for Chrome is reasonable. My 2009 FXDF costs just under $700/yr for full coverage. I also found out that some insurance companies don't actually cover accidents with wildlife without an add-on.
If you can stay under 5,000 km's a year and don't mind paying for an appraisal, Legends has to be one of the cheapest out there. You can't use your bike to regular commuting either. I ride to work whenever I can and don't feel like coming up with some plausible story if I got into an accident with their coverage so I went with Home for Chrome.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
280 a year for plpd at state farm with a 99 katana 750 and I have a collision on file 3+ years ago

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sgi in Sask just said that bike coverage will be going up as much as 75% more from
current rates.My 900 is over a grand a year with min.coverage.That's also with a 20%
discount for my safe driving record.
There is gona be alot of bikes for sale this year in Sask.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Intact through Cowan Agencies. Ask for Kelly.
Had a horrible experience with Aviva through Home for Chrome!!!

Top Bottom