Bighorn Dam

Shovelking780

Reaction score
Are the trails open this weekend at Bighorn? Does anyone know if there is still a obstruction when crossing the dam going to the trails? Just wondering if I will have trouble getting through with the 1000 it's been a few years since crossing over into the trails.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand closed until after July 1. Yes still has a gate. You can cross the rocks around gate.

I would call SRD and confirm.

surreyboy

Reaction score
I was out there about a month ago & anything on the other side of the dam was closed , could not go around gate , big concrete barricades set up there . still riding around camping area & east along the river & north across HWY 22 up to the lookout & also the Crescent Falls trail but river was too high to cross to connect to the lookout loop . I read on the AOHVA web site that all those trails will be closed until Sept 17/2014
Alberta Off-Highway Vehicle Association | AOHVA

surreyboy

Reaction score
was at bighorn dam this weekend & the trails across the dam are now open . the concrete barricades have been removed & the access around the gate has been open

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good here. Arrived yesterday. Great weather

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are leaving for Big Horn tomorrow, is this place a gong show now or what? Haven't been there for a couple years now, I hope it's as well behaved as the last time we were there, everybody riding, camping, and enjoying themselves.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you see these posted? Did you have a run in with the RCMP while at Big Horn?

RCMP handing them out. We talked with them. No issues with us.

They have been busy with tickets.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This afternoon

Then rain and hail. My empty cooler floated away.

Some campers flooded.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What time was that storm? Looks like the left just in time to miss it yesterday.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What time was that storm? Looks like the left just in time to miss it yesterday.

3 or 4 pm. We left at 6 pm. The big hill out from the bottom was kind of washed out and a rough climb.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya mass escape for the campers near the spillway, crazy storm, we got caught in the storm on sat on the Crescent Falls loop. Even this morning when we left in the trees you could see a drift or two of hail.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya mass escape for the campers near the spillway, crazy storm, we got caught in the storm on sat on the Crescent Falls loop. Even this morning when we left in the trees you could see a drift or two of hail.

Our friends got caught out in the storm also going to the falls

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
We spent 5 days over the long weekend and the cops were real good no harassment just checked for plates and insurance same as last year We had an awesome time and will go back again

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
We just pulled into camp when the storm started it was crazy as we had a stream coming through camp big enough to kayak through

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom