Big white snowmobile area

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
We will be there from dec27-3 any info on trail maps or great local riding areas would be great and if anyone wants to get together for a rip that would be great as well it always good to meet new people

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge

skrat

Reaction score
Give the guys at Kelowna Yamaha or banner recreation a call. Both are active members in the Kelowna club. The grey stokes is the riding area. No big climbs but lots of good meadow riding and very family friendly. About 30min from Kelowna.

Sent from my iPad using

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Thanks we need a route from are lodge to the Greystokes some days just me and brother we will go farther more Extream but other days we have the kids so that sounds great
Thanks again

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your at the Big White ski resort you can easily connect to Grey Stokes by riding your sleds around the Big White mountian over to uncle Toms cabin, then from there you can make the connection to Moore mountian then down onto Linden lake into the Grey Stokes.

I used to ride from Grey Stokes to Big White village and go for a steak and beer in the evening regularly for fun. Back side of Big White has big climbs and lots of tree riding. It is a very nice ride but easy to get lost though, very big area.

jackinthebox

Reaction score
What Lund said is exactly right.You access the white house and uncle toms from east side of mountain/cross country ski area(just make sure you dont go on there trails)
It is a vast area ,so track yourself and keep eye on fuel.Really good tree riding in some areas.Stay away from the backside of the ski mountain unless your with someone that has been in there.

ps...hope for snow its been weeks since weve had any.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Again thanks for the info If any of you guys are out riding let us know maybe can show us the back side of big white it sounds interesting now

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO its one of them Okanagan hinden gems, mostly local rider's and not alot as most hangout in Greystokes.
But the biggest bonus is virtualy NO albertans as most get caught up in Golden and Revy.....hahaha
You will find lots and lots of untouched snow there, more then Revy mostly because of its seclusion. It is in the same snow belt as Revy and Sicamous.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless we get a bunch of fresh it won't be that good.

Need snow.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh there is snow.

But not fresh pow.

Plus the wind has blown good and made it hard.

Guess u can tell us.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are getting major dump now.
Take it this way, Big White mountian get's an awsome amount and some of the best powder of all interior ski resorts. If you find them online, currently 129cm base and will easily hit over 200 by March, that is measured on the mountian and not in the lower valley's or base of mountian, ie village. Their is always alot more in the valley's where you would sled, Turbo mtn in Revy doesn't get that kinda snow on top.
They are known as a ski resort with the best "champagne" powder in north america. I've sledded many places in BC and i do believe they do.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
That's the kinda of attitude power of positive thinking it's still : full weeks of riding time iam sure we will find great snow regardless I think we will go to eagles one day as well just to track it out

jackinthebox

Reaction score
Well it is good but its not hunters/owls head though.
I have been a member at hunters a few years and not my own local kelowna club....I know i know my bad...But its deffinately better north.
Dont get me wrong geystokes/big white/christian valley can be epic some days.

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
Whats the snow update like these days, doing a couple family vaca and wanna drag the sleds along, plan on being there Feb 25-Mar 3rd. Can someone help me out we will be staying at the Village at Big White...

jpow

Reaction score
Here's a update of greystokes , below 6000ft track will not saw through hard crust and skis leave carbide marks , but above ( tops of jubilee and North facing meadows u can cut into crust in the trees image.jpg Sunday feb 15

jericholand

Reaction score
Rode Little White on Saturday, really boney up to around 6,100 feet to where it was hard crusted snow but softened as the day went on. All in all decent day with the exception of the staging area (Myra) which is basically done for the season unless the area gets more precip.

Top Bottom