big thanks to those who helped

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thursday evening we ended coming off bolder a little late and I ended up driving my sled off one of the bridges on the kirkup trail. Friday morning we went to retrieve the sled and I would like to thank everyone who stopped to help lend a hand.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was staying to the right trying to stay in the fresh snow to cool down the sled, I looked down at my gauge to see the temp. And when I looked up the right ski was going off. 20' fall straight down.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had that happen a couple year back coming out of area 51, some guys lent us their honda gas rope winch to get the sled out. nice to have greta people around willing to help or help with gear. i know ill always be that guy to lend a hand what goes around comes around

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I already ride a heavy sled so wotz a few extra pounds to carry a bunch-a-crap to fix problems.
so often its not for my sled but buddies and randoms.
I recommend carring a saw, wensdy at quartz it felled 4 trees to extract sleds.
my sled is so big and heavy that I really appreciate everyone that has ever helped me,
and I cant ride past somebody seriously stuck, I'm all for the big challange.

karma is a bitch ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in 2004 coming down the renshaw trail a guy on an rmk 800 went flying off the trail down to the creek bed. A bunch of people stopped and had ropes to help this guy. His sled was lawn darted up against a huge spruce tree we got it on its track, he started it and pinned it up the bank and made it. He got off his sled looked at it and said "wow, nothings broken" and pinned it down the trail. No thanks or anything. douch bag!! There were guys still trying to climb back up the bank and he just peeled off. Heres a couple pics.

Attachments

• McBride 2004 026.jpg
    McBride 2004 026.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 252
  • McBride 2004 027.jpg
    McBride 2004 027.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 262

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres the pic of his track goin off the trail

Attachments

• McBride 2004 028.jpg
    McBride 2004 028.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 251

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, can't seem to load image. file://localhost/Users/FamilyFolder/Desktop/IMG_0030.JPG

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just read this………how did I miss it?

You must be okay, other than wounded pride or you would have said something. Probably a lucky man, eh!

As a groomer operator, I like to get the snow pretty much down to the bridge decking and leave the rails showing. Some times with the big dumps it is pretty time consuming.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol. no kidding I appreciate the help. sure didn't take long once you guys grabbed on.
once I figure what's going on with my computer I'll get the pic's up. was a pretty good fall.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, but this is the only pic that will download. the pic's from below were alot better.
Dec.2012 snowmobile trip and accident 016.jpg

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that pic does no justice at all! Plus you need the pics of the MASSIVE Boulders in the creek I'm very amazed you were not hurt bad on that.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have pic's from below, but for what ever reason none will load but the one. I will have to try and get the wife to figure it out I guess. lol.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
try resizing the photos then uploading, if you are having further difficulties pm me and I'll try to help you out.

Top Bottom