big snow big sleddin, west of rocky

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
headin out saturday meet at cow lake store at 9 am. riding onion lake/ hummingbird falls area. one of alberta's highest alpine areas(8000-8500 ft). should be lots of snow finally. looks like 5 or more going for saturday. pm if yer interested. +\-25km to alpine, area will be off limits to sleds april 1 2012. only 3 weeks left to ride this area. last year we had 2 days of 3 ft of powder snow, did i say epic riding. bogger never smiled so much in his life.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back, did a few pokes at the big hill, didn't see any yamahas perched on top. still a little skinny on the snow. had a good ride, lots of stucks. went into ranger creek, a little more snow. we need macronutts to step up the snow dance. left the alpine at 5;30 made sure head lights worked.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back, did a few pokes at the big hill, didn't see any yamahas perched on top. still a little skinny on the snow. had a good ride, lots of stucks. went into ranger creek, a little more snow. we need macronutts to step up the snow dance. left the alpine at 5;30 made sure head lights worked.

Yes a Damn good ride, Humming Bird and Ranger was great! Nut Deep in a few spots, enough snow to go again SOON!!!!

IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2245.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sugar snow on the bottom with a 3 inch crust and 3 inch's of new snow on top. may be very avalanchie in the alpine, although we didn't see anything.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 Of us heading out to ride Ranger Creek today. Meeting at Cow Lake Store around noonish!!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ranger creek was pretty good, some rocks to cross on the creek but alpine deep. was snowing when we left. 5:00pm did i say a friggin awesome place, oh ya friggin awesome.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ranger creek was pretty good, some rocks to cross on the creek but alpine deep. was snowing when we left. 5:00pm did i say a friggin awesome place, oh ya friggin awesome.

I usually have to drive to the Koots to see this type of terrain! Well worth the price of admission this trip! Beautiful area to ride in. Hope it stays this way....Creeks are opening up now, could imagine what a week of warm weather will do out in this area!!
IMG_2260.jpg
IMG_2265.jpg
IMG_2282.jpg
IMG_2276.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have taken some pics of north and west of nordegg. Better snow than Ur pics....
Spent some time getting this oops back...
Went out again only stoped for stucks..

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have taken some pics of north and west of nordegg. Better snow than Ur pics....
Spent some time getting this oops back...
Went out again only stoped for stucks..

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

That's what happens when you ride on hard pack snow Jeff hahaha!!!! Only way you break bars is Lack of snow when the sled rolls....Only looks like a couple inches at Harlick... You should have rode where there was snow man.... Kinda hard to look at your pics and get excited. Our pics show nut deep snow, much more exciting than a field ride with peeps breaking ch!t. Just defending my pics, since you felt the need to one up us with some Sheety pics and say that you shoulda took pics of the good snow mmmpppppphhhh haha Shame on you for posting broken doo sheet next to my beautiful pictures...Good to see you got out and had fun though ;)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya he has a big riser on it.... and never did the tube in a tube thing.... guess its fixed good now...

sorry macro ..... i should have got some pics.... wait the one guy did ... ill get him to e mail me some to prove there was way more snow...

chit my buddy with a 162 x 2.5 camo got stuck ....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya he has a big riser on it.... and never did the tube in a tube thing.... guess its fixed good now...

sorry macro ..... i should have got some pics.... wait the one guy did ... ill get him to e mail me some to prove there was way more snow...

really makes no difference tex, we were on an exploratory cruise, snow was way deep in the alpine, a little skinny on the flats and creek xing's. a good ride didn't leave alpine till 5:30 and home at 9:30 good day and got to see some great areas. your area will have snow for next weekend although ranger may have no access due to sun , in a week. i'll let you pick where to go. hehe

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really makes no difference tex, we were on an exploratory cruise, snow was way deep in the alpine, a little skinny on the flats and creek xing's. a good ride didn't leave alpine till 5:30 and home at 9:30 good day and got to see some great areas. your area will have snow for next weekend although ranger may have no access due to sun , in a week. i'll let you pick where to go. hehe

Pretty sure Harlick and Humming bird area are gonna see a huge snow loss this week.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Post them deep pics Tex :) I like photo's from out west...

Top Bottom