Big guys that jump their sleds

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully my off season upgrades will help keep it together better, as I really do enjoy jumping it. That and even when I say I'm going to ride slow and take it easy through the whoops I get bored after about 3 min, and I am back smashing through them like I was racing snow cross.
Yeah getting rid of that POS pogo stick skid should help a lot. That thing is stiffer than... well your avatar.

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
225 here, give or take a few pounds. Depends on when i ate. Dunno how heavy after geared up. I break everything i ride. Bent a lot of iron over the years, cant keep fork seals in thr dirt bike. Could stay closer to the ground.... But thats no fun. I m on my second rt 1000 and they do take more abuse than most.....
Stay away from flat landings!

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you bud! I wish I had the drive to get into shape to be a better sledder. Snowmobiling has been the motivator that has almost got me back to the gym. Its been 10 years and its hard to fix myself up again.

Good for you. Quinton - Find a good boot camp or cross fit..their system has some motivational commitments (ex. if we had unexused (like not getting out of bed) absence rest of class had 30mins of burpees eek on your behalf) that get you out of bed and you'll get good quick results that will be long lasting - also motivating to run around being tight black lulu's at 5:30am hah... Lost about 40lbs since Jan 2011 (25 of that off in the first 8 weeks). Best $10 a day i have ever spent. Sled goes much better now and feel way better in general.

I was riding around at 225-230 on an XP and ride pretty hard. No damage other than the sloping on the boards. That being said the sled is much happier with the 185-190lb frame.

YFZRIDER06

Reaction score
Well im heavier then most on this thread, running 300 with gear and backpack on and i jump. Really if you want to you just have to monitor kinds of landings make sure there more sloped properly and land smoother, practise small and get used to it. I do have a 2012 RMK assault and have the tunnel stiffners to prevent excessive bending but the dealer im threw recommends that if your over 240 or so no matter what. Also powder landings make huge differences. As for the whoops cant really tell you there i have to drive safe threw them due to medical reasons but still try to get up pushing 100 kph threw them til it hurts haha. And no obvious damage as of yet. Good luck to you on jumping cant imagine a more fun thing to do while in the mountains.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you. Quinton - Find a good boot camp or cross fit..their system has some motivational commitments (ex. if we had unexused (like not getting out of bed) absence rest of class had 30mins of burpees eek on your behalf) that get you out of bed and you'll get good quick results that will be long lasting - also motivating to run around being tight black lulu's at 5:30am hah... Lost about 40lbs since Jan 2011 (25 of that off in the first 8 weeks). Best $10 a day i have ever spent. Sled goes much better now and feel way better in general.

I was riding around at 225-230 on an XP and ride pretty hard. No damage other than the sloping on the boards. That being said the sled is much happier with the 185-190lb frame.

That's some good advice man. I really wouldn't know where to start when it comes to exercise. I don't have a lot to lose but I'm generally skinny with a 20 pound gut from 10 years of drinking and eating as much as i want and I don't have as much strength as I want. I lack serious motivation and I'm lazy as can be. Hopefully I'll do something to better myself.

Top Bottom