Big Gun Exhaust problem

YKX

Reaction score
I have a purchased a 2007 Outty max 800 ( 2 up) with a Big Gun exhaust. The pipe has been wearing on the rear spring to a point it greated a gouge. Has anyone had this problem, and how can i fix it. THanks

YKX

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a purchased a 2007 Outty max 800 ( 2 up) with a Big Gun exhaust. The pipe has been wearing on the rear spring to a point it greated a gouge. Has anyone had this problem, and how can i fix it. THanks

YKX
check to see if the bracket had the spacers installed on the right side........no spacers means rubby rubby might make holeee!

YKX

Reaction score
This is what it looks like!

Thanks

YKX

Attachments

• DSCN1720.jpg
    DSCN1720.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 47

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
There isn't a lot you can do but warn the next guy that big gun for an outty isn't the best way to go. I had my dealer install a big gun on mine at his shop before I picked it up and when I showed up to pick my quad up and had a look at the pipe I made them take it off right there for this same reason. It also sticks out the back way too far. If you were to back up into a tree or get hit from behind or flip your quad over backwards you can say good by to the pipe and also the header. HMF makes a good fitting and sounding pipe IMO.

YKX

Reaction score
THanks guys for the help, think I will go with the HMF. Is there a good dealer in Alberta???

YKX

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
THanks guys for the help, think I will go with the HMF. Is there a good dealer in Alberta???

YKX

TTPOWERSPORTS is a member here on snowandmud as well as a supporting vendor... I'm sure you won't find a better deal and they will ship it north for you I'm sure. Just PM terry and he'll fix you up.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

YKX
Sorry for your luck on that one.......you'll like the hmf.... also you might want to check out royal distributing.... they have a site for aftermarket stuff and parts in general.... they are good to deal with..... shipping may take a week or so give or take but same as waiting for it to rain I guess...........Hope it helps ya out manno.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to keep that pipe you could always bend a some flatbar around it and rivet it together. thats what I did on my 450.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to move the muffler ahead (or to the right in the photo) using those other holes? It might not rub then. Is there a slip joint in front of the muffler? If so you may be able to cut a few millimeters off one of the pieces and then you can move the muffler ahead. If you can not move it I would modify it to clear the spring. Determine where you want to bend the pipe. Take it off, heat it red hot with the torch and manipulate the metal to make a sharper bend. Weld the hole and paint it up.

Good luck with your quad!

Thanks

YKX

YKX

Reaction score
Thanks guys, will give it a try and get back to you all on this!

Top Bottom