Big Bearing kit who is best to do the work?

fatandlow54

Reaction score
looking at pulling motor out this summer, engine is running awesome only 1000km for an 2002 going to add spl plate and some toerh stuff to stiffen up motor.

anyone know someone good at doing the bearing replace?

and while i have it apart anything else i should look to replace or upgrade?
new to mountains but i am an aggressive rider so will be tearing it up in the mountains next year and want to make sure sled is a solid runner

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing a big bearing kit is just throwing a band-aid on an amputation. The problem with these motors wasn't the crank.....it wasn't the bearings. It was the shitty cases. There are to many places out there that will take your money, and put a bearing kit in your sled and say it's good to go, but the problem, is not truely fixed. In my opinion, doing a big bearing kit without a line bore is a waste of your money.
Dan Turen has come up with a fix that has turned these motors into rock solid runners. His machining skills and attention to detail is unsurpassed. Be it this forum, or any other.......search the name "Indy Dan", and you will find the info needed on who to fix your sled........properly

Indy Specialty
23503 145th Avenue
Welch, MN 55089-6028
Phone (952) 445-7745

Indy Dan, (Dan Turen), has perfected the only fix out there for these motors that carries a five year warranty. He is an absolute proffesional, and a pleasure to do buisness with.
Give him a call, give him your buisness. You will not be disappointed

russ

Reaction score
I heard mongoose machine in vancouver does a decent job. Anyone else
deal with them or hear anything. I'm also thinking it took me 8 years to
get 3000 miles, maybe a regular skinny bearing crank like the original would
be good enough for another 8 years. Has anyone gone that route and had
a good experiance. I wouldn't mind hearing someone else's opinion.

taggart

Reaction score
I agree with heavy d for the most part, the cases are chit, the slp engine plate is a must, along with a torque eliminator. The bearings though were too small for the load they see, the big bearing kit increases the load distribution area by almost 40%. The big bearing kit, in my opinion, is still a must on these 800's. In regaurds to indy Dan, heavy d is 100% right, he is second to none, and very good to deal with. I unfortunately have to build my 800 this year after throughing the crank out last year.

Top Bottom