BF 750 Frond Diff is Pooched

DieselDemon

Reaction score
So, I was out riding my quad, with some sled buddies a few weeks ago, and was doing pretty good at holding my own when I noticed I was getting stuck... Long story short my front diff is pooched. The housing is all cracked open on one side. Does anyone have any leads on where to get a used one? and has anybody ever changed one out before? I could use a hand, and I pay in beer, and my wifes baking lol.:confused::confused:(

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck finding a used one budz. I've been looking for one for 2 weeks now. The problem is the BF has had alot of front diffs explode so there arent any to be had. so i'm told. Theres 3 or 4 of us on this site looking for them at the moment. I'm just gonna get new cuz I dont know how long a used one would last anyways. and its a big job to get it changed so I only wanna do it once!

mudhunter

Reaction score
I don't have the number but RE-Cycle in stony or spruce might have it

recyclemotorcycles.com

Andys

Reaction score
they've got nothing. I'm in the market for one and so is my pal, but it's looking like mine may be covered by warranty. But I'm not getting my hopes up...

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Chit son, if you get one by the end of Apr i might be able to get you a hand.....

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Hell no I'm not gonna give him my hand. More like the gag ones where someone shakes your hand and tge entire arm falls off, just he won't know it............

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine keeps getting water in it..... i'm thinking either the bearings seize or frezzing of the water inside blow the cases open .... i just change the oil every time.... i will be taking it out to reseal it all [ only one seal i have not changed ] so the h2o might be getting in there

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine exploded too. I got a used one out of the states for 500 bucks took it apart and cleaned it been good since. Dealers here wouldnt even give a price on the parts because there is so many and they said they couldnt order a complete unit.

Andys

Reaction score
Here is what mine looks like right now, it has a 'new and improved' fresh air hole in the front of it you could fit your thumb in

Attachments

• IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 180

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the internals get destroyed as well as the case? I just rebuilt one on my sons KVF300 this last winter. I managed to get parts from echo cycle for quite reasonable pricing. Looked online and found parts, but if you get the wrong parts exchanging can be a bugger. I know now that Kawis require some extra maintience when it come to the diffs, they hate water. Not that tough of a job to rebuild the diff, how good of a baker is your wife? That will sure let everyone know how much help you need.:):beer::)

Andys

Reaction score
Did the internals get destroyed as well as the case?

Something in the internals gave out without warning and piled up inside, then found a way out of the diff case. With any luck it will be covered under warranty. They told me it is and ordered the parts, but I'll believe it when it's parked in my garage with a new diff.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey did any of you guys end up buying a new or used diff. I need the diff lock clutch basket for my teryx and was hoping someone has one in good shape out of an old diff. Please let me know if you have one, I need to get it back together for the Rob rally next weekend. Thanks

rpm hinton

Reaction score
Website
www.rockyperformancemachines.com
we have rebuilt 6 front kawi brute force diff so far this year, the center case is the first to let go then it will mess up the small spider gears as well. all parts can be replaced. if you rebuild your diff then you know what you have, not somebody elses worn out one. we wil repair your diff 7 get you muddin again. rockyperformancemachines.com

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have rebuilt 6 front kawi brute force diff so far this year, the center case is the first to let go then it will mess up the small spider gears as well. all parts can be replaced. if you rebuild your diff then you know what you have, not somebody elses worn out one. we wil repair your diff 7 get you muddin again. rockyperformancemachines.com

my pinion is loose [ can move it in and out and up and down some... pretty sure thats where the water is going into diffy ]

u have the 2 sockets for the pinion... the stealership wouldn't lend them to me to see what i needed to order.....

so i figured oil is cheap then and let her roll then..... had it all apart and everything but the pinion - coupler was awsome....

Top Bottom