Beware Big Fines !!!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure we have been. But what ends up happening is when you inform the guilty persons, they tell you to kiss off. But not so nicely as I put it. No different when the avy conditions are high and you explain to a group about it and they blow you off faster than a $200 hooker.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good.... it's needed..... especially with the amount of garbage and stuff left out there, the article states that is one of the reasons for the increase

I have seen people drain the sewage from their RV units in the ditches on crown land.........disgusting !!!! Makes us all look like hooligans and bad !!!

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the attitude that will close trails. Your "oil country" observations were permitted work in non fish producing habitat...your ignorance of fish producing habitat is pathetic.

There's a whole ecosystem in The rock, gravel, sand creek/riverbed, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. What exactly do you think the fish eat? The critters the fish eat gotta eat something too...so on down the line.

The critters and fish have larvae and eggs in the riverbed that actually grow from the nutrients in the water ...you buying it yet ? Educate yourself fool !

I agree there can be 'better' behaviors by the Off Road groups, but the folks that claim that crossing or driving on river beds with an ATV will damage fish habitat or disturb the river's health.
I am not buying it.

During my tours working in oil country, watching rig hauls, cats, ATV's, just about anything that moves through the bush rip up and tear creeks, rivers and land,... 3 years later there is not a trace of anyone was ever there.
Even when there was extreme action in muskeg digging and chewing it up to giant slop hole, less than 6 months... nothing. Grass grows back, frogs are happy.... back to normal.
Maybe the damage occurs when the areas we are only allowed to have access to has so much traffic, that it sustains the damage for longer, because it never gets time to heal.
If fisherman were only allowed to fish in one lake, would we be surprised that eventually all the fish would be gone?
There should be more areas made available to ride our toys, not less.
I get more po'd at garbage, beer cans, diapers, smoldering fire pits and broken glass being left behind than a few ruts.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, there should be another 0 on those fines or just confiscate the vehicle, that would get some attention.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, there should be another 0 on those fines or just confiscate the vehicle, that would get some attention.
what kind of leaves in the woods taste the best?

Last edited by a moderator:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 186915
View attachment 186916

This was all explained last May.

RCMP dropped off handout at our campsite.

They explained all the rules. Very friendly members and not anti OHV at all.

They just want people to respect the waterways.
Where can I get a copy of this its a little blury I want every rider in my group to read this then we will all have a better weekend

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can I get a copy of this its a little blury I want every rider in my group to read this then we will all have a better weekend

That is the only copy I had left. I called the RCMP in Rocky to see if they will e mail me a new one.

This is last year and the fines have increased.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the RCMP today. The ticketed lots of people for no insurance or registration.

When will people learn to get the proper paperwork.

20 grand on a machine and can't get insurance and registration.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:Why is it some people don't think rules and laws don't apply to them?:confused:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the fine for skipping stones across a river now a days .......

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It's just a little poop. Bears chit in the woods all the time.

and think of all the fish/frog poop in the water we drink. Then there are the herds of moose, deer, caribou, sheep, goats, all the birds, wolves, coyotes, foxes, rabbits (they poop a lot), and as Mikey says, the bears.

With all the protection in the Parks, the water must be the chits!!!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and think of all the fish/frog poop in the water we drink. Then there are the herds of moose, deer, caribou, sheep, goats, all the birds, wolves, coyotes, foxes, rabbits (they poop a lot), and as Mikey says, the bears.

With all the protection in the Parks, the water must be the chits!!!!

Not to mention the jism in the river from screwing in the river, oh my

Top Bottom