Beware Big Fines !!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a absolute joke.. Just another thing that makes you wonder...wtf

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why i keep my plate in the cargo box/backpack......Just play dumb ...when i race i can only have my race # on bike not license plate mr officer .....Oh sry i wasnt sure where to mount my licence plate the AB plate is to small to fit the OEM plate holder on my rzr i tried zip tieing to the roll bar but that didnt last officer ....

apparently the RCMP are to lazy to go fight "real" crime like these little sh*ts that are doing B&E's, steeling cars,valdalizing, drug use ......Its easy and nice to get on a quad and ride trails just to give us tickets.....Fun fact they cant engage in chasing you while on a off road vehicle its not safe for them and against there work policy.

Just pisses me off i have to worry about my garage or house getting broke into but on a nice sunday ride i find the R.C's hassling me on the trails BAH .....

k rant over

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only 1500$? That aint too bad. Think Im going to go park my truck in the river and Roll some Coal....lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431095042.974081.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431095060.287679.jpg

This was all explained last May.

RCMP dropped off handout at our campsite.

They explained all the rules. Very friendly members and not anti OHV at all.

They just want people to respect the waterways.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1500 might be a little steep but is still fairly reasonable. What scared the crap out of me was the dude who was issued 8 fines totaling over $200,000 for riding in the Clearwater river and posting the video on-line a couple years ago. After going to court, I think he only had to pay about $2500, but that's still pretty frigg'n scary.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do you guys see the need to drive your quad up and down the Clearwater river just below Secondary 734 bridge, on the trunk road. this just pizzs everyone off, you have done very little to clean your quad or radiator. stirred the river bed up, and now put atv's on the radar. more fines more enforcement, and now the ndp greenies will be out in force.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably get blamed on the NDP when in reality this is the perfect time to "look in the mirror".

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the ones that think this is acceptable behavior stay the hell out of BC as we already have enough dickheads over here ruining it for everyone. Why anybody would think it should be okay to ride in the creeks and rivers is beyond me.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relax and laugh a little, it was meant in fun....but point taken, due to the sensitive nature of the both topics I will keep the comments where they belong.

Enough with the NDP thing . We get it , they won.... For gods sake , give it a rest.... We are tired of your NDP bs on here in every post......!!!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So riding down the river is wrong but I am very interested in the opinions of others as to if any type of river crossing is acceptable? I mean not over a bridge of course.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So riding down the river is wrong but I am very interested in the opinions of others as to if any type of river crossing is acceptable? I mean not over a bridge of course.

Speaking with srd and the RCMP we are allowed to follow the trail across a waterway or creek. Basically going down a pipeline etc. and across the creek and continue on.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
In MY opinion, these fines weren't even high enough. You have to be complete IDIOT to ride your ATV up and down a river. I am and avid ATV'er, but also an avid fisherman, and doing these kinds of things is VERY detrimental to fish populations (among other things). I, personally don't have a problem with crossing a river at trails (I do it too), but I also think it should be done gently and at LOW speed. Why the need to ride a river at mach 10? Take your ATV to the car wash when you get home. Don't be an asshat and ruin trail riding AND fishing, etc for everyone else.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

from what I've been told, you must cross at the most DIRECT and SHORTEST path.

even more important in soft bottom creeks.

We work closely with SRD on our Jamboree Trails, and have never had an issue, we have placed several bridges on trails in the South Fork Area, and will continue to do so

Top Bottom