Beware Big Fines !!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So riding down the river is wrong but I am very interested in the opinions of others as to if any type of river crossing is acceptable? I mean not over a bridge of course.

best advice is visit the SRD website, they are the ones doing the fining.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
from what i've been told, you must cross at the most direct and shortest path.

Even more important in soft bottom creeks.

We work closely with srd on our jamboree trails, and have never had an issue, we have placed several bridges on trails in the south fork area, and will continue to do so

logging permit for those logs??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
logging permit for those logs??

no logs used Ric..... they've all been replaced by timber built bridges, put in place by our great people here on the site........ and yes when we used the logs, we pulled a permit.

Reaction score
thats why i keep my plate in the cargo box/backpack......Just play dumb ...when i race i can only have my race # on bike not license plate mr officer .....Oh sry i wasnt sure where to mount my licence plate the AB plate is to small to fit the OEM plate holder on my rzr i tried zip tieing to the roll bar but that didnt last officer ....

apparently the RCMP are to lazy to go fight "real" crime like these little sh*ts that are doing B&E's, steeling cars,valdalizing, drug use ......Its easy and nice to get on a quad and ride trails just to give us tickets.....Fun fact they cant engage in chasing you while on a off road vehicle its not safe for them and against there work policy.

Just pisses me off i have to worry about my garage or house getting broke into but on a nice sunday ride i find the R.C's hassling me on the trails BAH .....

k rant over

I don't think you'd have to "play dumb" at all.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why i keep my plate in the cargo box/backpack......Just play dumb ...when i race i can only have my race # on bike not license plate mr officer .....Oh sry i wasnt sure where to mount my licence plate the AB plate is to small to fit the OEM plate holder on my rzr i tried zip tieing to the roll bar but that didnt last officer ....

apparently the RCMP are to lazy to go fight "real" crime like these little sh*ts that are doing B&E's, steeling cars,valdalizing, drug use ......Its easy and nice to get on a quad and ride trails just to give us tickets.....Fun fact they cant engage in chasing you while on a off road vehicle its not safe for them and against there work policy.

Just pisses me off i have to worry about my garage or house getting broke into but on a nice sunday ride i find the R.C's hassling me on the trails BAH .....

k rant over

not having the plate mounted to the machine is a ticket in itself

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not having the plate mounted to the machine is a ticket in itself
Which is why I zip tie mine to the top of the front rack. Won't lose it, still visible if you're standing next to it, and no fine.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how more police is the answer. The answer to the 2million atv's in ab is places to ride. Half the mud riders would love a mix of terrain where there's enough good trails to do 150 km days. Full loops back to camp ect. If your riding skeg and rivers a 15 km day could keep you amused. The problem isn't solved by more police presence. It's better access to sweet scenic rides with some mud. Hills. High speed straights.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny how more police is the answer. The answer to the 2million atv's in ab is places to ride. Half the mud riders would love a mix of terrain where there's enough good trails to do 150 km days. Full loops back to camp ect. If your riding skeg and rivers a 15 km day could keep you amused. The problem isn't solved by more police presence. It's better access to sweet scenic rides with some mud. Hills. High speed straights.

There is a need for club development and AOHVA working better with the government to improve wheeled trails in Alberta

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a need for club development and AOHVA working better with the government to improve wheeled trails in Alberta

Both require bodies willing to give a little of their time. The AOHVA is much like all the clubs out there - we're burning out the select few that do work hard on our behalf. All y'all, consider the crazy number of machines in Alberta - I'll bet you probably underestimated the number. Now consider the number of those people who contribute back, even in a very small way - I'll bet you WAY under estimated that number. There's no way to sustain the sport with such poor involvement.

If even 10% of us gave back a little as opposed to the 1% that currently do, this awesome past time might actually have a promising future in Alberta. By the way, 1% is probably an EXTREMELY liberal figure - if I had to guess, I'd say it's less that 10% of that. Behavior, good or bad, can be contagious. If a person volunteers here and there, there's a good chance some of his (or her) riding buddies will too.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
How big would the fine be for leaving Murm stuck in a creek?
from what I've been told, you must cross at the most DIRECT and SHORTEST path.

even more important in soft bottom creeks.

We work closely with SRD on our Jamboree Trails, and have never had an issue, we have placed several bridges on trails in the South Fork Area, and will continue to do so

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a guy walk threw water with dirty oily work boots.. Maybe we should charge him as well

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree there can be 'better' behaviors by the Off Road groups, but the folks that claim that crossing or driving on river beds with an ATV will damage fish habitat or disturb the river's health.
I am not buying it.
During my tours working in oil country, watching rig hauls, cats, ATV's, just about anything that moves through the bush rip up and tear creeks, rivers and land,... 3 years later there is not a trace of anyone was ever there.
Even when there was extreme action in muskeg digging and chewing it up to giant slop hole, less than 6 months... nothing. Grass grows back, frogs are happy.... back to normal.
Maybe the damage occurs when the areas we are only allowed to have access to has so much traffic, that it sustains the damage for longer, because it never gets time to heal.
If fisherman were only allowed to fish in one lake, would we be surprised that eventually all the fish would be gone?
There should be more areas made available to ride our toys, not less.
I get more po'd at garbage, beer cans, diapers, smoldering fire pits and broken glass being left behind than a few ruts.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good.... it's needed..... especially with the amount of garbage and stuff left out there, the article states that is one of the reasons for the increase

We have not been able to police ourselves (don't matter how many bad eggs or just one) now some one else will.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We have not been able to police ourselves (don't matter how many bad eggs or just one) now some one else will.

I agree 100% Randy, and I think once some of those bad eggs see people getting the book thrown at them for the messes, maybe they'll smarten up!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I agree 100% Randy, and I think once some of those bad eggs see people getting the book thrown at them for the messes, maybe they'll smarten up!

The consequences need to be high for peeps to respect them. I hope they get it done and the same in Koocanusa. If they would have thrown the book at people to begin with there wouldn't be the problem today.

Top Bottom