Bettie power

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I have been gone a long time...lol

Yes thank you Scotts for bringing this to the for front...I get your point in the Women in the "limelight" thing and true to that....men, women, media...just people in general are not use to women in this kind of sport...

Typically women have been thought of as "Trail Riders"....not so anymore...at it is being seen...however, as mentioned we are just as active in issues and have just as much passion for issues as our male counter parts do. We just have different "parts"...I would hope we are heard as loud as the men are..no more or no less.

As far as safety...we all need to and do practice it. For most of us we had to learn that and we learned it from our "men"!!! We are for the most part equals but with slightly different voices.

One thing that I pride myself in as alot of the "women" riders (As mentioned not "sledbetties" as women!!) is the "family element"...we do the best we can to involve our 2 boys. One is turning 15 been riding for a few years on his own and our 8yr old he's still a passenger but "Both" have ALWAYS worn the Safety equipment like us which includes chest protectors and becons! Our 15 yr old has been packing his own safety gear in his own backpack for a few years...he also has gone to avi/rescue class; becon use class...and to the Rasmussen riding clinic...This sport to the 4 of us is our "family" passion. So to see my boys watch me on video and in reality...SAFETY is a must do 110% of the time!! As it should be for all...not just women...

Love the topic and everything said has been said with true heart and passion through out this entire thread...I commend you all for speaking up and opening this disscussion.

Thanks to Scotts...ps hope your Cousin is still going to ride with us this season!!! LOL

RIDE SAFE ALL AND RIDE SMART ALL!!!!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May have been complete coincidence or my imagination but there seemed to be more women on the hill this weekend than normal. Maybe the revolution has already begun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom