Better Voting Methods Needed

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So today, I figured I better find out where I need to go to vote. Currently I am not residing at my permanent residence, since I am still at university until end of month.. Anyways, looked online and only options for out of town voting is to have them mail you a ballot, you fill it out, then mail it back before Monday evening. I then called elections Alberta, and the lady confirmed that this is indeed the case, and that it is to late now for me to do this. So I am SOL unless I want to drive 5 hours home, vote, then come back.

The government always talks about low voter turnout, blah blah blah. Maybe they should make it a little more convenient, IE ONLINE VOTING.

Although it is my fault I didn't look into this a week ago, nobody told me that the deadline for out of town voting would be sooner than regular voting.(taking into consideration the time to request, receive and return the ballot)

End of rant.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son is in the same boat. This is his first provincial election, would like to vote but is in university 2 hours away. It is just not feasible for him to run home to vote. Our democratic system is admired all over the world and we still have lots of problems with the voting process.:sadbanana:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hmmm, Canadian troops and overseas workers have managed to do this for years with no issue, Im sure a couple college kids should be able to figure it out LOL. Dont need to drive home to vote...just sayin

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, Canadian troops and overseas workers have managed to do this for years with no issue, Im sure a couple college kids should be able to figure it out LOL. Dont need to drive home to vote...just sayin

Sooooooo................what is the answer Mr. Horn?:feedback:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well damn...I cant help ya with everything LOL

Uhmmm, ya, this would of had to have been done a while ago....but we have known about the election for quite some time, just sayin...

If you knew me then you would know "planning" isn't one of my best forte's. Lol.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize I did have the option of the mail in ballot, but the point is, is that it is inconvenient and there has to be a better method. When I originally read about the mail in ballot, it sounded like it wasnt for me. It stated that "A Special Ballot is a means for an elector to cast a ballot in the provincial general election and Senate nominee election if he or she is unable to vote during the advance polls or on polling day."
I am not unable to vote, I am just not in the right area to vote.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize I did have the option of the mail in ballot, but the point is, is that it is inconvenient and there has to be a better method. When I originally read about the mail in ballot, it sounded like it wasnt for me. It stated that "A Special Ballot is a means for an elector to cast a ballot in the provincial general election and Senate nominee election if he or she is unable to vote during the advance polls or on polling day."
I am not unable to vote, I am just not in the right area to vote.
Which means that you are unable to vote......

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
??? All the polls in the last election said there would be a PC majority...Isn't that what we have?

They said PC's would take a huge hit, when in fact in was near the most seats ever for them.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I'm thinking stripper poles......

I hope I never see a stripper pole with seats LOL....I did however 'accidently' visit a stripper bar in Portland that was so cheap, there was a Jukebox on the stage and the girls had to plug quarters into it to get music for each dance...very entertaining haha

Top Bottom