Bets way to repair garage floor

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garage floor has many dips and high spots, very poor install by finisher a few years ago. Would like to float the floor smooth somehow and put on a complete new finish. What is the best product to use and what is the thinnest one can pour a levelling compound. How does the existing floor have to be prepared? Present condition just bare concrete with a sealer and some pitting from road salt on concrete hwere vehicle sits.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't be cheap what ever you do.

Best fix: Shot blast surface, clean and screed with a product from Sika, which one is best to talk to someone at Brock White or Northlands both of which will have the answers. Or contract out and expect to give up a body part or first born for payment. I feel your frustration but if you want the fix to last you will have to shell out some cash.

Cheaper: There are some DIY things you can do. Grind the high spots, float in the low spots seal and paint but it won't last. That thin set patch never stands up to the abuse concrete takes in a garage. Maybe something as simple as grinding the high spots and painting, again Sika has some epoxies that will last a long time if installed right. Problem with the epoxy is it is slippery and it usually gets an aggregate dusted into the surface for traction.

Take some pictures and square footage and see someone at Brock White or Northlands as a starting point. I have no confidence in the bulk of the products one can get at a Rona or Home Depot.

Hope that helps.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
nca (national concrete products) should be able to put you in touch with a sika rep. hands down the best concrete patch and repair products on the market. you may also want to contact a company like JAC incorporated out of Edmonton. if your slab I just un even but not cracked they may be able to grind and give you a polished look while evening it out. or can also do the proper topping for you. we have used them commercially a lot and their work is top notch

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That idea of a "terrazo" never crossed my mind but a good one. Don't mind the spelling.

nca (national concrete products) should be able to put you in touch with a sika rep. hands down the best concrete patch and repair products on the market. you may also want to contact a company like JAC incorporated out of Edmonton. if your slab I just un even but not cracked they may be able to grind and give you a polished look while evening it out. or can also do the proper topping for you. we have used them commercially a lot and their work is top notch

Top Bottom