BestWestern Vailmount BC

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course if you have allergies, and have had the misfortune of being the next guest in a room where animals spent the night, you may not agree. Put the pets with the smokers.

I hate smoking rooms, but I have a dog and if I want her to come into my room I will suck it up and take the smoking room. Seems only fair.

So, I'm heading riding this weekend. Who wants to look after my dog? Maxwell? Puleeeeeease????

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the hotel/motel has pet rooms, they are set aside for pets, personally, i can't understand why anyone would want pet hair everywhere, get a laugh out of relates with there hair spewing smelly dogs begging us to visit, you spend hours cleaning off pet hair, then they want you to eat there, after they had ole rusty sample the grub, with added pet hair.
NO FRIGGIN THANKS.

depthcharger

Reaction score
Maybe the dog lovers are on to somthing take dog sledding with you, if you ever get stranded on the mountain overnight eat the dog not bad idea, last time i checked vacation was to get away from everything not worry about anything not put dog sweater on and mittens to walk around parking lot at nite wizzing on my tires, i hate all hotels that don't let cats, chickens ,or any other barnyard animal because after i strike out in the loose moose with the locals least i would have my trusty pet waiting for me.

that is the funniest thing I have ever heard, nice one....awsome!

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the age limit?
I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were 14,15, and 16 year olds in there hanging out with their fathers and fellow sledders listening to the stories from the previous ride till about midnight / 1 am. I really dont see a problem with kids being in there with a guardian.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you or your fellow room mates can't act like civilized human beings while staying in any hotel room and respect others that are also staying there, you should just leave. When people are disturbing the peace at any hotel I stay at the front desk gets a call.

Have respect for others!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this guy still lives with his mom :d

i wish three meals a day that would be great no payments more money for sledding , maybe the dog lovers should give up sledding and take up dog sledding now thats a view ten bitches full out waggin tails screaming up the side of the mountain.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish three meals a day that would be great no payments more money for sledding , maybe the dog lovers should give up sledding and take up dog sledding now thats a view ten bitches full out waggin tails screaming up the side of the mountain.

He will also high mark your sled with those dogs. LOL

Hey Imdooing my dog has no hair, can I still visit you. LOL

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats how you treat your mother? :nono:

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If my mom could pull a sled up a avy chute i would sell the xp right now, I see your from prince george can we please have all the stolen grande prairie sleds and quads back now? you can keep your dog though.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If my mom could pull a sled up a avy chute i would sell the xp right now, I see your from prince george can we please have all the stolen grande prairie sleds and quads back now? you can keep your dog though.

The funny thing about that is, most of the sleds, trucks/trailers, equipment etc stolen from PG are found in the Grande Prairie area :eek:

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The funny thing about that is, most of the sleds, trucks/trailers, equipment etc stolen from PG are found in the Grande Prairie area :eek:

lol, oh come on we don't want your 92 phazers and dodge neons, if you talk to people from pg we steal your stuff and gp thinks pg steals our stuff vicious circle.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went by the hotel as we have friends staying there this week. I couldn't find the $7 drinks, the beer and wine seemed cheaper than I pay in Edmonton. I went to the management and asked some facts:

They still have 14 pet friendly rooms and work hard to keep the pets separate from the people who don't want them around. Kids are welcome in the lobby lounge until 7 pm. The lounge opened due to pressure from customers and to remain in compliance with the laws. Local mounties said the guests will be charged with conveying open liquor and / or public consumption (all lobbies and hallways in businesses where the public usually have access are considered public places).

I went and looked at the hot tub again but I could not find the black ring. I also found out that the tub is drained, cleaned, and re-filled everyday. I was happy to hear this because I have been in the tub. I have seen 30 guys jump in it that didn't shower first like they are supposed to. Mmmmm, hair, ball, band-aid soup, with a hint of two-stroke exhaust. Yummy.

Back to the lobby, I like the atmosphere. There were kids in the lobby all day and people were watching the hockey game. There was even free hot chocolate and coffee for guests. Tonight the lounge was packed and my buddies loved not having to drive or walk in the cold when they wanted to go for food and drinks.

My past stays were great and I have no complaints.

My family and I are curently staying at the BestWestern and we are not IMPRESED. What used to be a great hotel is now a reason to not come to Vailmount. I used to come here because the hotel allowed dogs and has a large common area that family and friends could sit around the fire and have a couple drinks. Now the common area is a Lounge/Pub/Restarunt, with all these rules. Kids have to be out @7pm, dogs are not allowd but you cant leave them alone in the room. If it is a Lounge or Pub it should have a door so that people wiht kids checking in after 7 are not subject to a drinking type establishment atmospher with $7 drinks as soon as they walk through the hotel door. The Best Western Valemount is no longer the great "Family Friendly, Pet Friendly homey hotel that we have been staying at for 10 plus years..now its just another alcahol pushing - rules rules rules moneygrabbing establishment that will have us booking elsewhere!!

Top Bottom