Best way to lower compression?

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to lower the compression on my UBR 900. I'm not sure of the engine specs but it has a bit much compression for me to pull it over (more than 12 times) repeatedly. It's also a pain in the buttocks when I'm in a super awkward position trying to get it running and unstuck.

The ways I know would be to cut the head or thicker base gasket under the jugs.

Any other ways? What are the benefits or drawbacks?

Thanks!

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head change is the only way that won't mess with tune too much. What engine is this based off?

What clutch you running? If you you can add the starter ring gear the extra weight adds inertia and makes pulling over easier. If you don't believe that try removing your clutch and I'll bet you can't even get the rope out once.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lower yer compression to make easier to start?? sounds retarded,,, get Electric start if you can't pull it over:twocents:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to lower the compression on my UBR 900. I'm not sure of the engine specs but it has a bit much compression for me to pull it over (more than 12 times) repeatedly. It's also a pain in the buttocks when I'm in a super awkward position trying to get it running and unstuck.

The ways I know would be to cut the head or thicker base gasket under the jugs.

Any other ways? What are the benefits or drawbacks?

Thanks!
Are you a pussy? You should try pulling an 1160 over when its cold.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine ran a 1300 Cutler last year. Tried to start it one night after it sat on his sled deck for two days and was just pulling the sled off the deck instead of pulling it over haha

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timber take to domes over to Steel Industries and have the cc's enlarged. They will open up the dome part and reduce to Comp.
Failing that try Split Second @ 1-780-534-4330

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes a larger diameter recoil can be adapted to a different engine giving you a mechanical advantage. That's why I asked you what motor this is based on.

• Recommends
Reactions: DRD

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JMCX Thanks for the idea! It's a UBR bottom end based off the polaris big block.

Thanks Kyle! I had forgot about the 5mm thicker base gasket!.

Top Bottom