best tuner, exhaust and delete kit on the market for a 2011 duramax

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had lots of Banks products and agree. The turning of the urea off i would highly dought as they will not mess with anything involved with the stock emissions. This was in the past anyway .
Has Banks came out with anything for the new 2011/12 Duramax. The last time a checked they only had the intake and cool cuff tail pipe. At that time they had no plans of a programmer for the new motor.

Agree with jared........ We install lots of h&s on the dmax and they're working good...... Only tuner i know of that allows urea injection "turn off"?? The banks unit might as well, can't remember, and the Bank's kits work good too :)

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah banks is very safe they dont mess with emmissions. I dont know if there will be much with the new motor they put some serious stuff into the ecm's on these new trucks. you know its bad when efi doesnt even wanna attempt it and they are the kings of the duramax motors. I watched an lml with mini maxx,s&b intake,magnaflow 5", ppe up-pipes and manifolds,airdog 165 fuel pump run on the dyno and it kept hitting a torque limiter I know if you wanna run on the dyno you would have to talk to H&S to custom build you some tunning to eliminate that

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my banks i wouldnt change it for anything when u are on level 6 still no black smoke and thats what i wanted banks is a clean tune

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear you are enjoying it! The banks truly is great stuff and offers amazing power there is reason there race truck is still the truck to beat!

nd4spd

Reaction score
I did the turbo back 4", all deletes, H&S mini Max with pillar mount and I believe it was about $3500 installed; can't find my reciept for exact amount.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO Banks is overpriced and far from the best stuff out there. Have you seen the underhood disaster of a harness they use for their speedbrake? What a joke. You can do the same with a DSP switch or an EDGE display and program it with EFI Live with almost no wiring involved. Unfortunatly the LML will never get this option though......

Anyways for the LML stuff ('11/'12 models) H&S is the way to go. Top shelf stuff. And great customer support. If you can find a dealer who will honor warranty with all that stuff removed and an H&S tuner installed then your doing awesome!! As far as exhaust, I wouldn't waste the money on stainless. I ran a banks which split at the muffler and rusted bad and looks like ch!t and an MBRP that also rusted. Save your money and just go with the aluminized. You can buy two for the price of a Banks or Silverline stainless kit.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure were people are getting "junk" from banks as banks has the truck that ALL the top diesel boys wanna run down on the track! not to mention multiple record holders! Banks tunes are clean and safe and make the hp they claim but in a safe effective way that truly gets the power to the ground! With banks you can run your truck on there top setting and not slip your tranny I dare you to try that with a ppe or an edge race programmer! Efi is the kinf tunning for 01-10 and can be tunned for safe clean horsepower and i do love my efi but banks if you dont wanna remove the dpf is the way to go. Ever see a Factory exhaust system rust and rust holes through the exhaust system after time? Well the factory exhausts are aluminum for the most part. with stainless it looks like it is getting rusty but you can take that fall out remover and polish that system back up and make it look good again. Now a days I can get you a stainless system for only $100-180 more than an aluminum system so really your better off to go with stainless over aluminum for the small price difference.

Chev IMO once the emmissions are out are really solid trucks. I have 140,000 km's on mine now w/all emmissions deleted since 1000 km's after purchase and have yet to have any sort of issue were my friends trucks are constantly in the shops for dpf regen's,egr cooler failing,urea issues all with under 100,000 on them. I feel you will have more issues w/emmissions on your vehicle then you will without them! Ford on the other hand for the 6.7 i'm still leary about as they have been having turbo issues with quite a few trucks wich scares me to put a chip in them as i dont wanna foot the bill for a new turbo. So for a 5" stainless exhaust your price would be $668.64. and for the aluminum 5" $562.60 so really the prices on aluminum to stainless are oh so very close just depends on company and supplier.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Wes Anderson-driven Banks “Sidewinder” S-10 with a 1250-hp, 6.6 litre Banks Power/Duramax engine becomes the “World’s Quickest and Fastest Diesel Drag Truck” with a 7.72 second elapsed time and a top speed of 179+ mph in the quarter-mile, as recorded by the National Hot Rod Diesel Association.[1]

BANKS CANT BE THAT BAD HAHAHAHA

A street-legal Pontiac Trans Am with 700-hp and a Banks turbo breaks the 200 mph barrier and becomes a cover story for Car & Driver magazine.

A Banks Power twin-turbo, 1800-hp Pontiac GTA sets a new “World’s Fastest Passenger Car” speed record at at 277 mph as certified by the Southern California

Timing Association. This record stood for the next ten years

: A street-legal Dakota pick up truck built in the Banks Power shop with a 735-hp, 1300 lb-ft, 5.9 litre Cummins hauls its own trailer to and sets the record for “World’s Fastest Pickup Truck” with a two-way average of 217 mph and one-way top speed of 222 mph.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly Banks is a top notch company and there records,titles,and wins simply speak for themselves! when you hold several world records I think you have done something obviously right! 7.72 seconds in a 1200+hp truck thats insane!!! look at Rob Coddens (atp trucks), look at dmitri millard (Custom auto diesel performance), Cam Hulse (adrenaline performance), Nick priegetz (duramaxtuner.com) all of them have 1400+rwhp trucks fully caged,lightened,setup for strictly race and they are all still trying to run that truck down!!! best numbers from them so far have been 9.5-9.9 1/4 mile times thats still a wee bit short of the banks truck and the banks truck doesnt have as big of hp and torque numbers so obviously they did something right!

But if you want dpf/egr/urea delete capabilities you gotta run a H&S system!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure were people are getting "junk" from banks as banks has the truck that ALL the top diesel boys wanna run down on the track! not to mention multiple record holders! Banks tunes are clean and safe and make the hp they claim but in a safe effective way that truly gets the power to the ground! With banks you can run your truck on there top setting and not slip your tranny I dare you to try that with a ppe or an edge race programmer! Efi is the kinf tunning for 01-10 and can be tunned for safe clean horsepower and i do love my efi but banks if you dont wanna remove the dpf is the way to go. Ever see a Factory exhaust system rust and rust holes through the exhaust system after time? Well the factory exhausts are aluminum for the most part. with stainless it looks like it is getting rusty but you can take that fall out remover and polish that system back up and make it look good again. Now a days I can get you a stainless system for only $100-180 more than an aluminum system so really your better off to go with stainless over aluminum for the small price difference.

Chev IMO once the emmissions are out are really solid trucks. I have 140,000 km's on mine now w/all emmissions deleted since 1000 km's after purchase and have yet to have any sort of issue were my friends trucks are constantly in the shops for dpf regen's,egr cooler failing,urea issues all with under 100,000 on them. I feel you will have more issues w/emmissions on your vehicle then you will without them! Ford on the other hand for the 6.7 i'm still leary about as they have been having turbo issues with quite a few trucks wich scares me to put a chip in them as i dont wanna foot the bill for a new turbo. So for a 5" stainless exhaust your price would be $668.64. and for the aluminum 5" $562.60 so really the prices on aluminum to stainless are oh so very close just depends on company and supplier.

Your claim that their tunes are safe is misleading. NO tuning that puts more power than what the truck was originally designed and spec'd for is safe. PERIOD!! They maybe less prone to causing failures, but they are not safe nor should anyone say that anyones elses tuning is safe either!

And as far as exhaust goes, My old man has 10 years on his stock aluminum exhaust with no holes anywhere and over 200 000km on his truck. So I see no problem with using lighter aluminum exhaust over the stainless. And your polishing the stainless exhaust comment is priceless!

Chunk

Reaction score

Who cares. None of the stuff on the truck makes it too market, yes it's a fast truck. As far as stuff they retail, there is as good or better stuff available for a lot less money.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly Banks is a top notch company and there records,titles,and wins simply speak for themselves! when you hold several world records I think you have done something obviously right! 7.72 seconds in a 1200+hp truck thats insane!!! look at Rob Coddens (atp trucks), look at dmitri millard (Custom auto diesel performance), Cam Hulse (adrenaline performance), Nick priegetz (duramaxtuner.com) all of them have 1400+rwhp trucks fully caged,lightened,setup for strictly race and they are all still trying to run that truck down!!! best numbers from them so far have been 9.5-9.9 1/4 mile times thats still a wee bit short of the banks truck and the banks truck doesnt have as big of hp and torque numbers so obviously they did something right!

Really Dude? I think YOU need to take a look at those trucks your comparing to the Banks a little closer. For starters, those are SS and PS trucks. They all weigh over 6000lbs and are full production chassis full bodied, full sized trucks. That banks truck is less than half that weight,(nobody really knows for sure-top secret) and meets none of the above mentioned parameters so they aren't even comparable. Sure their tunes don't smoke, but Max'd Out doesn't much either.

Just in Dmax powered race vehicles, not including Ford or Cummins, Here is the top 25 fastest Dmax's - note the weights:

Dmax Quick 25; weight, type, tranny (if not an Allison) and tuner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Banks Rail 7.17 @ 181.08, 2290 lbs, Liberty XT5/Molinari Clutch - BANKS
2.Banks Sidewinder Type-D 7.72 @ 179, Liberty XT5/Bruno - BANKS
3.NX dragster 7.829 @ 172.08 (6-11-11) LBZ, Powerglide - Johnboy
4.NGM Diesel 7.876 (9-29-11)@ 174.56, (5-11-12) 2800 lbs, Lenco - Johnboy
5.J.Dean's Dragster 8.10, (5-18-12) @ 167, (4-28-12) 2100 lbs, LBZ, powerglide - Stingpuller.
6.Dirtymax 8.71 (6-3-12) @ 158.23 (5-19-12) 3268 lbs, LB7, Lenco - ATP
7.NX Mustang 9.216 @ 154.5 (9-18-10) 3600 lbs, LB7, 4L80 - Johnboy
8.Max'd Out 9.360 @ 149.10 (10-15-11) -6006 lbs, LB7, Duraflite - ATP
9.N20 Dmax 9.70 @ 129.47 (05-09) -LB7, Duraflite - TTS
10.Overkill 9.758 @ 149.51 (5-18-12) LB7- Dmitri
11.Dallas@Suncoast 9.778 (6-11-11) @ 139.33 (5-18-12) 6300 Lbs, LBZ, Duraflite
12.Extreme Prejudice 9.87 (7-10-10) @ 146.13 (5-15-10) LB7 - EPR
13.Orange Crush 9.87 @ 139 -(06-06) LB7 - TTS
14.Mika 9.897 (8-29-10) @ 138.70 (8-14-10) 7160 lbs, LB7, Duraflite - BOBO
15.J&R Auto GMC 9.90 (6-3-12) @ 144.2 (9-10-11) 6300 lbs, LB7, stroker, Duraflite, J & R
16.Camomax 9.91 (2-25-12) @ 139.36 (11-19-11) 6150 lbs LB7 - ATP Duraflite - J&R
17.Duramini2001 9.994 (8-13-11) @ 138.566 (5-15-10) - 6900 lbs, LB7, Dimitri
18.estelly 10.13 (5-18-12), 140.05 (4-15-12)- 6140 lbs, LMM - Power Performance
19.OSUBeaver 10.184 (8-13-11) @ 134.59 (5-21-11) -5997 lbs, LB7, Duraflite - ATP
20.Sweetdiesel 10.286 @ 144.09 (9-3-10) - 5700 lbs, LB7 - Simon
21.Misery 10.31 @ 132.76 (4-9-11) 6000 lbs LB7 - ATP
22.Nasty Girl 10.35 @ 131 - LB7- MOONSHINE, LB7
23.BadDmax 10.43 @ 132.31 - MOONSHINE, LB7
24.MaxPowerLB7 10.47 @ 132.0 (3-11-11) - 6460 lbs, LB7, Trent
25.Stingpuller 10.47 @ 131.75 - 6000lbs, LBZ - Stingpuller

The Top 7 aren't even production truck chassis's that came with a diesel in them and are way lighter. The rest, I sure don't see any Banks tuning on any of them. Hmmnnnnnnn.........

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares. None of the stuff on the truck makes it too market, yes it's a fast truck. As far as stuff they retail, there is as good or better stuff available for a lot less money.
That's all I'm saying too.

Chunk

Reaction score
wow, you truly are clueless when it comes to diesel performance. You are comparing full out race programs to privateer mostly street legal trucks

Wow

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the guys i was talking about like cam hulse and rob coddens and dmitri millard i have been to several events with them they all agree that the banks truck is a badass truck. I know it's a purpose built race truck and i know cam is in the process of building an s10 full tube chassis with 4 yes 4 turbo setup on an lb7 duramax and even he is hoping to someday run that banks truck down! A lot of the parts are one off customs from the banks truck but a lot of the parts in trucks like MAX"d out and overkill are 1 of custom parts as well hand fabricated! A lot are bolt on as well same with the banks truck! I'm saying banks chooses not to delete emmisions thats why i'm saying "clean" no emmissions removed!!!! I know MAX'D out barely smokes I've seen it run before in Boise idaho! I know the quality that banks produces and the big companies know the quality banks produces and they know the R&D banks puts into there products all i'm getting at is BANKS is not a junk company. street legal isnt hard to do in the states so just remeber that as in Idaho you can drive it on the street as long as it has working brake and signal lights thats a pretty easy thing to do to make a fully caged unit and tubbed unit street legal as cam has a 1980 chev 1500 caged,tubbed, stripped interior w/blown 502 and 175 shot of spray and uses it to drive back and forth from the shop to his house. states laws and canada's laws are big time different.

Top Bottom