best tuner, exhaust and delete kit on the market for a 2011 duramax

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for the best tuner, exhaust and DEF delete kit made for the duramax. I hear a lot about the H&S, but is this really the best out there.
What's the best and who installs all this stuff?
Thanks all.

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out some diesel sites, lots of reading on DuramaxForum.com. EFI Live is top notch for Duramax, but requires a bit more knowledge and a lap top is needed to pull your stock tune from your ECU.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I know there is a lot of info out there, just wanted to hear from the S&M crew what they thought was best. It will all be done at the dealer as they will warranty it, I just want to spend the money on the right/best equipment.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a magnaflow turbo back, and h&s programmer on his 07 new body style truck. He really likes it.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you say what dealer ? In GP they will not even look at warranty if it has been done. I also just bought a 2012 and if it gives me one problem the hole works is coming off. I want the dealer to do it with no programmer available to operator to adjust the power settings so they can't say it was boosted up. Just want the codes cleared so truck will run without all the DPF and pig juice.
Truck has lots of power without uping the fuel curves and worrying about the warranty.

Ya, I know there is a lot of info out there, just wanted to hear from the S&M crew what they thought was best. It will all be done at the dealer as they will warranty it, I just want to spend the money on the right/best equipment.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you say what dealer ? In GP they will not even look at warranty if it has been done. I also just bought a 2012 and if it gives me one problem the hole works is coming off. I want the dealer to do it with no programmer available to operator to adjust the power settings so they can't say it was boosted up. Just want the codes cleared so truck will run without all the DPF and pig juice.
Truck has lots of power without uping the fuel curves and worrying about the warranty.
If you PM me I can let you know what dealer. But they are doing it for me (warranty) because i bought two new trucks there. I have 31000km on it in stock form and no issues with the urea yet. Only need to fill it every oil change 8000km. I still would like to delete it all and install some nice exhaust and a little more juice which may increase mileage a little.

TRAV

Reaction score
The only way to do a urea delete is with an H&S programmer! I have not heard of any other programmers or software that can do it! Not sure about what kits are out there, but I always use Flo-Pro turbo back kits. I've done a few Duramax Urea deletes with H&S programmers and flow pro turbo back exhaust, all are working good with no problems. Haven't heard any really solid numbers for mileage gains, but it sounds like 2-4MPG

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to do a urea delete is with an H&S programmer! I have not heard of any other programmers or software that can do it! Not sure about what kits are out there, but I always use Flo-Pro turbo back kits. I've done a few Duramax Urea deletes with H&S programmers and flow pro turbo back exhaust, all are working good with no problems. Haven't heard any really solid numbers for mileage gains, but it sounds like 2-4MPG

Thanks TRAV... I will mention this set-up to my dealer and see what happens. What is the cost of this set-up, roughly??

TRAV

Reaction score
4" turbo back aluminized is around $900 and XRT Pro is $850 with unlock code. Mini Max I think is around $1000 and Black Max is around $1300. Make sure you shop around for prices. www.thedpfdeleteshop.com has the 4" flow-pro and XRT Pro package deal for just under $1000, just not sure about shipping and stuff.....

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4" turbo back aluminized is around $900 and XRT Pro is $850 with unlock code. Mini Max I think is around $1000 and Black Max is around $1300. Make sure you shop around for prices. www.thedpfdeleteshop.com has the 4" flow-pro and XRT Pro package deal for just under $1000, just not sure about shipping and stuff.....

Thanks. In the process of shopping now. Appreciate your efforts.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As of right now H&S is the only tuner that can delete dpf and urea. Edge and quadzilla have emissions safe tunes but apparently quadzilla isn't too far away from delete capability. EFI live has come out and said that they don't plan on making tunes for the LML (11-12) duramax so they are out of the question. As far as exhaust, I would say go flo pro stainless. Its a good quality product and it fits well. MBRP is ok, the fitment isn't too great. I would suggest getting the alligator performance down pipe as well.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so i'm a dealer for these parts H&S is awesome and works well on these trucks! that being said with H&S is you need either the xrt or the mini maxx and the additional lml dpf,egr,urea turnoff tunning. H&S is also unilateral meaning we dealers have to sell it for a certain price! As for the exhaust I sell all brands and have done an afe 4" aluminized downpipe back w/muffler for $389.95 then about 1.5 hrs for labour and I do the mini maxx w/tunning for $1001.55. hope this info helps some guys out

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as for the exhaust stuff mbrp,magnaflow,afe,diamond eye have great fits flo pro is great as well. if you do the downpipes be prepared for a 4-5 hour job cause you gotta loosen the tranny up a bit and use pry bars to move it out of the way. Alligator doesnt offer a downpipe they offer up a diesel race parts downpipe and myself I will match or beat any product from the internet if i possibly can just ask that you give me a chance!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also rember guys if ordering from internet this is your basic add on fees: additional shipping from border to your location,ups broker fee usually 10%, the 5% gst at the border, add on roughly another 20-30% and that will be closer to the price you will pay!!!! also the dpf delete shop is alligator performance just a little FYI

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have u checked what other dealers sell the h&s for? as I called around and the price varied..

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also rember guys if ordering from internet this is your basic add on fees: additional shipping from border to your location,ups broker fee usually 10%, the 5% gst at the border, add on roughly another 20-30% and that will be closer to the price you will pay!!!! also the dpf delete shop is alligator performance just a little FYI

Thanks Jared. Got your PM, and I will contact you. I will more than likely get you to do the install and set up for everything. I will give you heads up the next time i am able to make it out that way. Have family in Lethbridge so I will let you know.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the opportunity! and yes I have checked around and NO ONE can sell the mini maxx for less than 901.55 and the xrt has to be sold for $664.05 it is a H&S standard any dealers selling for less than that I would be leary about cause H&S made all the big dealers and guys like myself sign preffered dealer paperwork and had to go through quite the process to be able to sell H&S and they are very very strict about this also anyone selling for less can have H&S take away there ability to sell that product! edge,airdog,fass fuel systems,snow performance and lots of others are the same way! I would love to install the parts for ya as I do have licensed gm techs at our shop.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Agree with jared........ We install lots of h&s on the dmax and they're working good...... Only tuner i know of that allows urea injection "turn off"?? The banks unit might as well, can't remember, and the Bank's kits work good too :)

Top Bottom