Best Tether?

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay once again I’m looking for info/help picking the best tether for a 18 Mountain Cat. Been reading online and have seen lots of people liking the OFT pro-armor? Anyone have one and can tell me if they are any good in a Canadian winter? Is there a better option then like the Arctic Cat tether. Thanks.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am gonna be trying one of these.

c782406def7636f03bb0b9e8a5a3e2d4.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't put on on my new sled no, but have buddy's that have them, even the original one and they kick azz compared to the stock doo one, I've had my cord get wrapped around my bars and into throttle block and held it half open, right when you don't want it lol

So it's on the list to get this year yes
Yeah I am curious to see one of the new ones in action.

Just wonder what happens when your bars go under the snow ?
Or if you run your throttle hand through some tree branches....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I. D buy the last version with proximity

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run ProArmour bar mounted tethers on both my sleds. Getting them off the hood and on to the bars eliminated the tangling issues I was having. I'm happy with them. I also don't attach the cord to my wrist any more after seeing my son get trapped under his sled with his wrist tied to the bars by his tether. Tethair might be nice, but not in my budget.

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run ProArmour bar mounted tethers on both my sleds. Getting them off the hood and on to the bars eliminated the tangling issues I was having. I'm happy with them. I also don't attach the cord to my wrist any more after seeing my son get trapped under his sled with his wrist tied to the bars by his tether. Tethair might be nice, but not in my budget.

Where did you get yours from? I see you can buy them off there web site but it ends up being over 100 bucks with shipping and exchange rate

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The 2019 model is about to be released and it has a class 1 laser sensing if your hand is at the throttle. If the track is turning and your hand is not there, it will time down to shut down. Time delay is selected by you. Normally 1- 1.5 seconds in case your hand slips off accidentally. Also blowing snow can be seen by the laser but quickly clears when the sled is upright, when inverted the roll over switch starts its timer to shutdown, also usually set 1 -1.5 seconds. This version is even cleaner than the capacitance proximity version of last year. $395 CDN. Virtually plug and play. We have extensively tested this design and we have had zero customer complaints about this design and you must appreciate that it is very difficult to satisfy everybody. There will be limited supply this season as we build in-house, except the circuit boards are still built by Boondockers in the USA. When we can outsource some of the assembly we will be able to increase availability. Likely next season.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new cat one out for 19 is supposed to be pretty good as well, still a cord style but a magnet type sensor and way better than previous ones, I have one coming, nice thing is it is literally a 5 min plug and play install

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was told my 18 has the plug at the steering column. So it is plug and play as well.

Invalid Zero

Reaction score
The new cat one out for 19 is supposed to be pretty good as well, still a cord style but a magnet type sensor and way better than previous ones, I have one coming, nice thing is it is literally a 5 min plug and play install

Any idea if the new magnet style will work on 2016?

Top Bottom