Best sled under $5k to get the wife back in the sport?

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooooo, the warden has ordered the purchase of a new sled, but unfortunately it's for her. I am not buying a new 600 etec like she deserves, (or I'll be working overtime instead of riding). This year, she gets a sled for $5000 or less. We'll renegotiate next year.

What is the best bang for the buck? The sleds I find easy to ride are often not what she likes, as I am 12" and 70 lbs heavier. She is very fit and strong, but I don't want her to feel like she can't handle the machine.

Thoughts? Ladies, please chime in.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to recommend the M6 in either the 141 track or the 153, very easy to handle and yet still have good power for a light out of the box machine. I am sure there are M6's out there for around the 5k mark. Good luck..happy sledding!:d

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M7, reliable, easy to handle, and probably get your money back out of it next year.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A day at the spa works best, I tried with the wife but she was scared shitless, Alanna is a pretty good partner for snowmoboarding/tandem-climbing and she can get around on the trails and easy climbs but deep snow was a no go. I second alot of peoples comments and a sdi 600 is great, or if you are rich a 600 e-tec...

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my daughter a 07 HO 600 RMK 155. She loves it. She is a light rider and can toss it around pretty good! We use it as a spare sled when we go to the mountains. (I haven't been able to drag her to the mountains yet!)

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sister rides an M6 as well loves it... also doubles as a backup for in the hills.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
04 - up Summit 600 w/ 144, M6 w/ 141 or 153", newer RMK 600. You should be able to find these machines in that price range...

SnoPro_78

Reaction score
Sooooo, the warden has ordered the purchase of a new sled, but unfortunately it's for her. I am not buying a new 600 etec like she deserves, (or I'll be working overtime instead of riding). This year, she gets a sled for $5000 or less. We'll renegotiate next year.

What is the best bang for the buck? The sleds I find easy to ride are often not what she likes, as I am 12" and 70 lbs heavier. She is very fit and strong, but I don't want her to feel like she can't handle the machine.

Thoughts? Ladies, please chime in.

I would agree M6 or M7 and you will get your money back out of it next year.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my wife a 144" 600 Rev with electric start, should be a good all around sled for her and she doesn't have to depend on me to start it. My wife is a city girl through and through.

Edit; Hey this is post 1000 for me, kinda like turning 40 I don't feel any different.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07 600 sdi is a wicked sled for a woman. I can start mine with one arm, sitting on my seat...first pull...easy peasey.

M6 or 7 would be a good bet too.

The girls like the Dragon 700 as well, tippier than a doo or Cat. Better to lay over....if she wants to lay it over :rolleyes:

T&T Powersports has an Open House this weekend...good deals to be had. :D

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Orrin and Taminator. Got my wife the 07 600 REV last year and she really likes it. Not electric start but with the CDI starts very easy. Oh Yeah, paid $4800 for it so you should be able to find one around that price range
new11024-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Top Bottom