Best Side by Side

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend looking to buy one. He has NO quad or other such riding experience. He was going to get a quad and double his wife around, but I am trying to get him to consider a side by side as it will be safer than doubling on a quad.

Which one is the best do you think? Thinking fairly new.

I know I'll get lot's of opinions on what's the best one, but that's okay.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im super interested to hear the opinions as well...Been looking at them all week...

The Teryx is a vary good choice the same V twin in the brute force so lots of power. Vary strong great drivetrain I have 254 hrs on a 08 with lots of mods and its never broke no even with 30 inch tires and 90 hp not even an axle. I feel Its a strong unit. They are priced vary well to.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what you guys? Do your due diligence. Read, study, look stuff up. You will get lots of varied opinions on this question. All the sxs are good. Well except for the Chinese make crap that is. Your in one of the best forums for learning. You shouldn't make an informed decision based on everyone's opinion about which one is the best. OHHH "The Best". If you want to find "The Best Side by Side". For sure see what folks have to say but then go out and drive each one and then make your decision from there. Have fun shopping and good luck. I'm sure which ever one you do buy "Will be the Best". Cheers. :beer:

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO the RZR S or RZR XP will BY FAR have the best fun factor! Unbelievable suspension and fast! The rest are all pretty much the same to eachother. Still a bunch of fun but more utility geared. Just depends on how you plan to use it. Don't think there is a bad one out there.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you use it for and how/where you ride....
They are all great now and are getting better every year,so you have many choices.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's easy.

Pure sport use: RZR or RZR S (XP is probably too big for the trails out west, I would have to see one is action before I'd recommend it)

Sport/Utility use: Rhino or Teryx. Teryx has a little more power but the Rhino is a little smaller and lighter...pick your poison. (Yes you can haul "some" stuff in a RZR but I have yet to see somebody plow a driveway with one or haul a good load of firewood out of the bush)

Mostly utility with an occasional trail venture: Ranger XP

The commander has the potential to be a great Sport/Utility machine but I would give them another year or two to work the bugs out. The Honda is just plain gutless and should be classed with a gator or a Kubota RTV (something that never leaves the farm) Prowler...no no no. They have been out long enough now that there should be no quality issues but I have yet to see one finish a ride without a breakdown of some sort. Hope this helps.

MHC73

Reaction score
Everyone has posted good points. Buy what ever fits your needs. I have owned Rhino's and there good dependable machines and in probably 5-600 hours never broke.... ever. MY new Commander has the bones to be a great machine and I haven't had one problem besides the dealer. With the few weak points on a new bike I'm very impressed. If it was a Po Po it would have 5 recalls already...Can Am... not one. Too much power for your novice driver and pretty pricey but amazingly fun. Fun factor is huge, plus bolt a four seat cage in with little power loss. To get one but May long.... may be difficult. I know a few guys that have expensive Rhino's for good pricing as all have move to Can Am. Pm and I'll send photo's of a well endowed Rhino with Gorilla's and such....

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best side by side is the one you buy!! all are solid machines these days, yes the rhino is underpowered, but reliable as anything can be. My roots are with yamaha, hope they come out with something a little more modern here pretty quick so I can buy one. the teryk and rhino are the best for converting to 4 seaters with cage. the razr and commander beds are a little small. the razr 4 seater is pretty long by the looks of it, and might nit be fun in tighter trails.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used or have an opinion about Joyner stuff? The features and layouts look good, but I have not heard much about them in the real world.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone used or have an opinion about Joyner stuff? The features and layouts look good, but I have not heard much about them in the real world.

Parts are not really available for the joyner stuff at this time. We used to sell them here and have no access really to parts. Call Mudslinger Motorsports in Waskateneau they are the only ones with parts etc.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris RZR XP 900...24/7/365...nothing else will put a grin half as big on your face.

Have you had that beast down some treed trails yet? How does she make out, I was thinking of going up to the "s" for the improved suspension but couldn't justify the loss I'd take but the "xp" might be worth it.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you had that beast down some treed trails yet? How does she make out, I was thinking of going up to the "s" for the improved suspension but couldn't justify the loss I'd take but the "xp" might be worth it.

If it's anything like his rhino being on it's side more than it's wheels,.. you might have to wait until the end of the season for a response :)

waistdeep

Reaction score
I have used the Prowler for hunting and it broke down with suspension issues all week, took it back and would never buy after that adventure. Bought a RZR camo and have just to much fun in that machine. I have hauled moose out of swamps, hauled quarters and racks back to camp, Hauled deer back to the truck. Meantime, just a blast to drive with heater and windshield I would recommend it to anyone. As far as call backs from the Dealer - nope not one, it just runs and runs.

Top Bottom