Best scratchers that are NOT Ice Storm?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But common sense should say good base snow, backing up is fine
Looser snow probably not a good idea

Also I would say that skid mount placement ( including spring tension, with mounting the location pin) might make a difference

Funny how I have never had one issue since the bad batches where out, and last year they were used every ride ( 59 of them) and 9 this year, with friggin rocks and dirt for the first few km at least

Mabe u have bad luck, but telling a guy to eff off, after GIVING ADVICE, and have tried just about everything under the sun before, these still are the ticket

sent while drinking tea's

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Telling someone to not back up or not back up with scratchers down that are designed to be down while backing up, is NOT giving advice. It's blowing off a problem.

If a product is designed to work a certain way, and whenever you use them in that way, they break, that's a problem.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once they bend once or twice, they break. And then they don't throw very much snow.

If I'm a moron, leave them down and they break after bending, I'm not going to blame the product for something I did to them. Fact is they work better than any other product on the market for throwing snow and keeping the sled and hyfax cool.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
You guys are missing my point here. If they're going to break by leaving them down while backing up, then simply do NOT market them as such, and then I agree, I'd have nothing to complain about.

The simple fact is that, according to THEIR OWN marketing, they are designed and marketed as being able to be left down while backing up. So, I back up one time with them down, and they bend and break? How is that "my problem"?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are missing my point here. If they're going to break by leaving them down while backing up, then simply do NOT market them as such, and then I agree, I'd have nothing to complain about.

The simple fact is that, according to THEIR OWN marketing, they are designed and marketed as being able to be left down while backing up. So, I back up one time with them down, and they bend and break? How is that "my problem"?
Call them up and get them to replace it. If they won't, then you have something to p*ss and moan about. The only one I ever wrecked bad enough I couldn't use, I left it down and caught it on the ramp of my deck and stretched the crap out of it.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Call them up and get them to replace it. If they won't, then you have something to p*ss and moan about. The only one I ever wrecked bad enough I couldn't use, I left it down and caught it on the ramp of my deck and stretched the crap out of it.
Yeah. I KNOW not to do that. Lol

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
So, for the record, Rod warranteed the scratchers. I will now NEVER back up with them down.

Also, he has never heard of a "bad batch" of wire, so "he's not sure where that rumor started".

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a bad batch of springs machined where they are bent

Is this rod guy the owner of ice storm scratchers name??

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
As far as I know, it is. I originally got his contact info from you. Lol.

But like I said.... he said he knows nothing about a bad batch of springs.

Whatever tho. They're getting replaced, which is good. And I will no longer back up with them down. (Even tho they're designed for that.)

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the trails are super frozen in the spring time mornings no scrachrrs will work well. I drill a hole in the heels of my skis. Install a bolt with double nuts to drag on the ice. Only that will save your sliders and engine from overheating.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, it is. I originally got his contact info from you. Lol.

But like I said.... he said he knows nothing about a bad batch of springs.

Whatever tho. They're getting replaced, which is good. And I will no longer back up with them down. (Even tho they're designed for that.)
Huh, go figure

I looked back in my texts, but after 50 texts it deletes stuff, and of course it's missing the first parts

But I do have stuff from when you were interested, then you recalled what happened then

All the warranty sets, have they been from where you bought them or from the dude that makes them ( number I gave ya) ???

Top Bottom