Best scratchers that are NOT Ice Storm?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Alright boys and girls. Tell me what has worked best for you, in terms of scratchers?

I'm DONE with Ice Storm's after breaking my 4th one off today. They've all been warranteed, but that doesn't help when I'm warming up on the trail. So it's time for a change.

Cable scratchers? Best brands?

Help.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the scratcher that come on the summits. you can back up with them and mine were still good after 2 seasons. Should be able to make them work on a cat.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never broke an ice storm, not once, but i also never back up and wreck them, once you do that they are f*cked, i just wear em out every season, cable ones suck, if the trail is hard or icy at all you will be overheating on a cat ( with the short cooler) i tried them a couple years ago and had to stop 4 times going into clemina due to high temp flashing, and twice on the way out,trail was rock hard and like -15 out, put spare ice storms from the trailer on the next day and never overheated once in same conditions, i wanna try the doo ones to see if they would work, i think they would be best of both worlds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright boys and girls. Tell me what has worked best for you, in terms of scratchers?

I'm DONE with Ice Storm's after breaking my 4th one off today. They've all been warranteed, but that doesn't help when I'm warming up on the trail. So it's time for a change.

Help.
Get another set warranty , since a few years ago when they had issues, 2 if I recall

I have used them on my sled for at least 4000 km and still the same last set replaced for free, still not broken to the point I have worn off both tips ( have been switched also)

I bought a set again for my T3 174 and compared to the stock doo ones, they work 10 times better

Not sure if some how your getting old stock possibly???

sent while drinking tea's

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I will be roasted for this, but this is my own personal experience. I have run trail blizzar cable style ice scratchers on my current 2 pros as well as my last nytro and found them to be very good scratchers. I buy the carbide cup tip models and they really seem to chew. Their design doesn't allow the scratcher to come loose like some others, and you can back up with out needing to make mental note of scratcher position. Another plus is that the carbide cups are replaceable on their own. Check them out, I am very happy with them and you may be too.

Last edited:

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have used the cable style trail blizzar style on our cats with no issues in the past. This year I put a set of Ski-z scratchers on my 2013 proclimb and they have been great so far. Throw lots of snow into skid. Can't speak to durability as I only have maybe a couple hundred k on them, I have managed to forget to remove them before loading and had no issues. Good luck with your search

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I have never broke an ice storm, not once, but i also never back up and wreck them, once you do that they are f*cked, i just wear em out every season, cable ones suck, if the trail is hard or icy at all you will be overheating on a cat ( with the short cooler) i tried them a couple years ago and had to stop 4 times going into clemina due to high temp flashing, and twice on the way out,trail was rock hard and like -15 out, put spare ice storms from the trailer on the next day and never overheated once in same conditions, i wanna try the doo ones to see if they would work, i think they would be best of both worlds

What do you mean don't back up with them? I bought the Ice Storm BECAUSE you are supposed to be able to back up with them down. That's the selling feature of them.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean don't back up with them? I bought the Ice Storm BECAUSE you are supposed to be able to back up with them down. That's the selling feature of them.

Must be multiple kinds of ice storm, the ice storm ones i use look like OEM stronger and a lil shorter, non reversible, my bad

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Must be multiple kinds of ice storm, the ice storm ones i use look like OEM stronger and a lil shorter, non reversible, my bad
1b3134539248fa067124cd30618cc4e6.jpg

That little silver "foot" is designed to flip the other way so that you can back up with them down. That's why they get such rave reviews. And they work great. I'm just sick and tired of them breaking.

I think I'll likely be trying cable scratchers now. They are DEFINITELY ok to leave down when backing up.

big_red1a

Reaction score

Help.
I'm in the same boat I've broke 4 sets as well. How did you get them warrantied? I still have the package for the ones that I just installed they lasted two mountain trips.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try not to back up to much with cable cause it will start breaking the strands,and go missing!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat I've broke 4 sets as well. How did you get them warrantied? I still have the package for the ones that I just installed they lasted two mountain trips.
Yes he has warranty the broken sets, 2 years ago I went through 4 sets ( 3 sent for free warranty) and this last set has been built proof

Still out of any scratcher they dig and throw the most snow out of anything

If u need a contact number I have it still

sent while drinking tea's

Limbo

Reaction score
Hands down the ski doo scratchers are the best you can buy

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down the ski doo scratchers are the best you can buy

Do not buy the Doo ones they are ****!!! Broke 2 sets on 16 already. And the clips that hold them up break bolts if u put on any serious miles.

Go to he cable style by far the best out there!

Broke 3 Doo factory scratchers this weekend, yes had a spare and I am done with them. Don't even want the warranty from Doo cause they will just break again, I am going with cable scratchers again. Last set lasted 5 years before selling them with the sled.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo has a couple of different style. The reversible rail mount ones work pretty good. I have 7000K on my 15 T3 and 4000KM on my 16 T3and haven't broke one yet.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo has a couple of different style. The reversible rail mount ones work pretty good. I have 7000K on my 15 T3 and 4000KM on my 16 T3and haven't broke one yet.

Wow! U have had better luck then me. 2000 miles and no end to issues lol.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my cat have had really good luck with the rsi ones with the carbide tip. came loose once but that was my fault forgot to lock tight that side. other than that they throw the snow.

Top Bottom