Best rib recipes?

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, here's the spot to ask. We've got a rib cook off coming up and haven't really considered a new recipe. We have access to a good BBQ but not a smoker. Any ideas on making killer ribs? Either a dry rub or saucy mega rib, just the most killer ribs ever. Thanks in advance eh!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had really good luck with ribs doing the following the day before I want to cook them I pull them out of the fridge
trim the biggest chunks of fat off an pull the membranes off the back and put lots of the
garlic plus spice or roasted red pepper and garlic spice( clubhouse brand) Montreal steak spice and a hole bunch of Jamaican jerk spice
the rub it in to the meat real well wrap in pastic wrap over night
pull the ribs out of the fridge 2 hours to bring them to room temp soak a mixture of hickory and applewood chips an place in cheapo ss smoker box on top of far left burner on high place all the ribs ( meat side up) on far right of BBQ (no burner ) and roll heat for 3 hrs

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep it simple.. Couple onions chopped up in large chunks, lay in the bottom of a slow cooker, cut ribs into sections of 2-3 ribs each and lay on top of onion bed. Season with desired spices a sauces, cook on high for about 3hrs. Remove ribs from slow cooker, strain onion chunks and chop into real small bits, mix with desired spices and sauce(sweet, spicy, store bought or home made, home made is best if you know what you want..)
Pre heat BBQ on low, place ribs on grill and baste with sauce until you can't wait anymore. Simple and tasty.. I like sweet with heat (honey and peppers in sauce), nice balance. Good luck!

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"these ribs are delicious! Where did you learn how to make them honey?"
"Oh ya know, some dude named ****fly"
Haha

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll have to practice with the same size batch to get the timing just right for texture and dryness.

I agree with the dry rub overnight. I slow roast them in in the oven in a covered roasting pan for a couple hours rendering the fat out of them preventing flare ups later on the grill.

Then just finish them basting them with sauce on the grill.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ribs same as with wings, I boil in a big pot of water for 3-5 minutes first to get rid of some of the grease. Season to taste then bbq or oven...

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the char from the grill on the ribs before the sauce, BBq sauce burns pretty easy.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"these ribs are delicious! Where did you learn how to make them honey?"
"Oh ya know, some dude named ****fly"
Haha

Now you know, don't forget it medium1ogre, haha.
Can't knock'm till you try it, like i said, keep it simple, even you can make 'em!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is good stole it off food network a couple of years ago. works in bar-b-q too.
Ingredients
1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) rack of pork spareribs
Pantherfanz Red-Zone Dry Rub, recipe follows
Flat beer, as needed
Carolina Sweet and Southern BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
Directions
Thoroughly wash ribs in cold water and pat dry. Remove the back membrane from the rack. Coat with Pantherfanz Red-Zone Dry Rub, and refrigerate overnight. Heat the smoker to 225 to 250 degrees F. Place the ribs in the smoker, upright, on a metal rib rack holder. Place a cast iron skillet underneath the pork filled 3/4 of the way with flat beer. Add more beer as it evaporates. Cook for about 2 hours.

Cook the ribs until they reach an internal temperature of 190 degrees F, about 2 hours. Remove and cool. Serve with Carolina Sweet and Southern BBQ Sauce.

Pantherfanz Red-Zone Dry Rub:

3/4 cup Spanish paprika

1/4 cup coarsely ground black pepper

1/4 cup salt

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup cocoa powder

2 tablespoons chili powder

2 tablespoons garlic powder

2 tablespoons onion powder

2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

Yield: about 2 cups

Carolina Sweet and Southern BBQ Sauce:

1/4 teaspoon dry oregano

1/4 teaspoon dry thyme

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 cup rice vinegar

1 cup yellow mustard

1/2 cup molasses

1/4 cup honey

1 tablespoon peanut oil

Mix the dry ingredients in a saucepan. Add enough vinegar to mix into a paste. Place over high heat, add remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Yield: about 1 3/4 cups

Top Bottom