best place to stay in Revelstoke

mpare

Reaction score
Returning to Revelstoke to ride just wondering where is the best economical place to stay. help would be grateful

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best and Economical? In Revy? Those two words rarely meet in the same sentence when discussing accommodations for Revy.

Maybe I am picky but I have no desire to stay at Peaks. The beds have been horrible for years, the rooms mediocre, the bar down stairs is handy.

There are several options that are cheapish, the Super 8 but I do not like the parking situation. The Monashee, its a room, has beds, slightly better than Peaks depending on which room you have. I have known a few people to stay at the Cube, a little to plankerish for me, but they said its decent aside from parking. The Smokey Bear is always liked by many people, although I have never stayed there.

The Days is still the go to place, even with their slight price increase as far as I can tell. If you want a treat stay at Glacier House. I found it clean and the staff friendly. Not economical, but its sledding, the cheapest part of my day is my lunch.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best and Economical? In Revy? Those two words rarely meet in the same sentence when discussing accommodations for Revy.

Maybe I am picky but I have no desire to stay at Peaks. The beds have been horrible for years, the rooms mediocre, the bar down stairs is handy.

There are several options that are cheapish, the Super 8 but I do not like the parking situation. The Monashee, its a room, has beds, slightly better than Peaks depending on which room you have. I have known a few people to stay at the Cube, a little to plankerish for me, but they said its decent aside from parking. The Smokey Bear is always liked by many people, although I have never stayed there.

The Days is still the go to place, even with their slight price increase as far as I can tell. If you want a treat stay at Glacier House. I found it clean and the staff friendly. Not economical, but its sledding, the cheapest part of my day is my lunch.
Smokey bear gets my pic from trying lots of places

Days was good but too much

The gateway used to be super awsome too, but the Chinese people running it let it go down hill

Used to be 150 for top floor huge room with 4 queen beds, 2 in there own rooms

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SMOKEY BEAR BY FAR!!! I have stayed many places in Revy.
Key reason to stay at smokey bear:
- Fresh home cooked breakfast every morning included with your stay(eggs benny sundays are the BEST)
- Packed lunch for the mountain included with your stay
- Great people always staying willing to lend a helping hand or if your new will let you tag along with them.
- Big heated shop full of tools as well as people in there all the time with knowledge if something does go wrong with your machine. you need to do some work to the sled or fix something, pull it in the shop and work away.
- huge hot tub.... only down side to the hot tub is there isnt enough female riders.... YET!!!
- ride in ride out.... there is a trail near smokey bear to take you right to boulder mountain. this trail meets up with the trail to peaks.

Clay and Kathy are amazing people. I say hands down smokey bear.
I think this year i paid $60/night/person in group(i dont pay attention to the money part cause i am there for a good time)

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smokey Bear hands down the best. It's like going a boy scout camp except it's motorized and females are allowed at this campground!!! And it's like one big happy family, with new friends to ride with and the shop tech talk at the end of the day is priceless!!

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a budget ,powder springs as long as you have a sled deck. And the last drop pub has good food and usually some form of entertainment.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Top Bottom