Best place to ride a sport quad around Calgary??

RaptorSeven00

Reaction score
Like title says wheres best place to ride a sport quad around Calgary? Im kinda fed up of Mclean ,spent every weekend there this summer and kinda hard on my Raptor... I dont mind driving a few hours to find a decent place to ride ...Thanks :headbanger:

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
There use to be so many great places to ride around cowtown. Mclean has sucked for many years. We use to go to Wiaporous, but I have heard alot of that area has been shut down. I lived in Calagry for 15 years. I know live in Hinton. If you ever want to experiance the sand dunes and some of the best woods riding anywhere, look me up. I'll show you around.

Attachments

• DSCF6843.jpg
    DSCF6843.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 328

RaptorSeven00

Reaction score
Ya been told Wiporous too but heard it was shut as well,Where exactly is Hinton? Im definetly up for some sand dunes and If youre willing to show me around even better, Im ready to ride any weekend just let me know when is best for you and I`ll be there

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
Hinton is a 6 hour drive from Calgary. We are located on hiway 16 west of Edmonton and about 20k east of the Jasper park gate. The pic in the post is a 20 min quad ride from my back door. There are lots of camping areas or several great hotels. If you are hoteling it call ahead. Oil and gas activity here fill most of the hotels very quickly. Let me know when you want to come. I'm always here.
If you have never been to Wiaporous I would definately check it out. There is alot of good riding left out there for Quads. I use to be into the big 4x4 trucks. I think it because of the big mudders that certain areas where closed. Check out for more info on where to ride.
Shawn.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I live in Airdrie and I am looking to meet up with some people to ride with around here. I usually ride around Rocky Mtn. House area.Actually i am going out today and tomorrow,(turkey weekend )..If you get back to me maybe we can hook up sometime. I am just going by myself as everyone else i go with is busythis weekend.

RaptorSeven00

Reaction score
ya was planning to go riding ,alone again as usual lol,if you want a riding buddy im ready to go!

Reaction score
FYI- Waiparous is open but make sure you have registration and insurance as well as headlight and taillight. They are cracking down. But it is designated OHV area. And only about 45 mins from Calgary.

perry27

Reaction score
i found the best place so far has been caroline all crown land never get bothered i have a few buddies from red deer we all go we should meet up sometime , we usually bring the g-friends and the travell trailers and spend a few nights.

clayton blair

Reaction score
hey mike I live in calgary, northend. I am new to quading in calgary. If you don't mind do you want to get together some time and you can show me some trails, I have a raptor 350 I just bought and need to put it to use

searpentb

Reaction score
Where in Caroline did you go to get setup? Googling you can see roads but no trails.

Last edited:

perry27

Reaction score
go through caroline, about 10min past going west you will see taye river drive for about 2 min and you will see a yellow sign on the rd to the left take that road all the way to the end you will cross over 2 bridges, (theres quad trails everywhere) at the end of the road hang a right, and we camp out about 5min down that road to the left, theres a large pile of logs off a small rd.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
hey mike I live in calgary, northend. I am new to quading in calgary. If you don't mind do you want to get together some time and you can show me some trails, I have a raptor 350 I just bought and need to put it to use

You should come out to S&M campout if you want to put your bike to use.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya there is lots of riding down south. Mclean creek, Indian Graves, Dutch Creek, Wipouras(still lot of riding there), Burnt timber, Caroline, Rocky Mtn House, Prairie creek, Nordegg, Ram River. There are so many areas around calgary or a couple hours drive it is not even funny. And i think they are all have there ups and downs.

POLARIS-800

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering where this sand dunes and some of the best woods riding is? I have lived in calgary all my life almost 20 years and have just gotten a quad and I'm wondering where i can go thats not overally far from calgary but is a good place to go.

Thanks.

There use to be so many great places to ride around cowtown. Mclean has sucked for many years. We use to go to Wiaporous, but I have heard alot of that area has been shut down. I lived in Calagry for 15 years. I know live in Hinton. If you ever want to experiance the sand dunes and some of the best woods riding anywhere, look me up. I'll show you around.

Top Bottom